Engineering Tech Lead (Automation vRealize)
April 20, 2017
The Automation Engineer Tech lead will lead and create IT automation solutions. In this role you will be developing automation solutions for providing self service capabilities for Freddie Mac to simplify IT. The candidate should work with the Architecture, Development groups, Engineering, and Operations to establish standards, best practices and automation infrastructure solutions within Freddie Mac.
As an Automation Engineer lead, you will be responsible for designing, creating, maintaining and continually improving orchestrated workflows to automate IT processes throughout the enterprise. Work closely with Middleware, Database and Compute, Security, Network Operations, Data Center team and Engineering groups to create automation solutions.
*Lead automation team
*Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning Automation solutions.
*Serves as a subject matter expert for automation and orchestration
*Supports the existing Automation Portals, provisioning scripts. Identify the automation orchestration related opportunities throughout the organization
*Independently leads the design of automation solutions to include hardware platforms, services, and operation systems.
*Lead development of Java based Infrastructure Self-service Portals with a team of Developers, Engineers and Architects.
*Provide Architecture solution to develop Self Service Portal and Infrastructure automation.
*Create Automation solutions using VMware technologies, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic and SOA.
*Role will be accountable for working multiple internal Freddie Mac departments to in delivering enterprise automation solutions.
*Work with development teams for develops Infrastructure web applications using COTS products or JSP, Servlet and XML.
*Conduct POCs to demo new ideas and help solidify technical direction.
*Work with internal as well as external resources to achieve project goals.
*Work in a collaborative development environment, providing assistance & technical guidance to less experienced team members
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
* Ability to guide automation team members. Experience in leading large group of developers desired.
* Excellent knowledge of vRealize Automation and ability to create work flows
* knowledge and development skills in Service Now
* Excellent scripting skills (Example: shell scripts and bladelogic)
* Experience and knowledge in creating Blueprints, publishing catalogs, creating and configuring VRO/workflows, vRO configurations/integration with external systems/3rd party tools such as Infoblox serviceNow, checkpoint TAM, Sailpoint, cyberark etc
* knowledge in other VMWare technologies
* Knowledge in chef, puppet other similar tools.
* Coding experience in Java, JSP, Servlet, J2EE and Java Script
* Excellent coding and GUI skills
* Development of Realize Automation (VRA), VCloud air, SharePoint, Industry Cloud automation orchestration tools is a plus
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Expert in web technologies such as Java, Struts and MVC frameworks.
* In depth understanding of industry best practices, legacy browser challenges and emerging technologies will set this candidate apart.
* This candidate should lead group of developers, generating ideas, designing solutions and building them.
* The team works closely with our business stakeholders so effective coding skills, verbal and written communication is a necessity.
* Work with stake holders to provide delivery schedule meeting customer satisfaction.