Engineering Senior (ServiceNow)
April 20, 2017
The automation Engineer Senior will lead and create IT automation solutions. In this role the candidate will be developing automation solutions based on Service Now for providing self service capabilities for Freddie Mac to simplify IT. The candidate should work with the Architecture, Development groups, Engineering, and Operations to establish standards, best practices and automation infrastructure solutions within Freddie Mac.
As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, creating, maintaining and continually improving orchestrated ServiceNow workflows to automate IT processes throughout the enterprise. Work closely with Middleware, Database and compute, Security, Network Operations, Data Center team and Engineering groups to create automation solutions.
*Development of Service Now workflows, Forms, GUI etc.
*Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning Automation solutions based on Service now
*Serves as a subject matter expert for automation and orchestration
*Supports the existing Automation Portals, provisioning scripts. Identify the automation orchestration related opportunities throughout the organization
*Independently leads the design of automation solutions to include hardware platforms, services, and operation systems.
*Lead development of Java based Infrastructure Self-service Portals with a team of Developers, Engineers and Architects.
*Provide Architecture solution to develop Self Service Portal and Infrastructure automation.
*Create Automation solutions using VMware technologies, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic and SOA.
*Role will be accountable for working multiple internal Freddie Mac departments to in delivering enterprise automation solutions.
*Work with development teams for develops Infrastructure web applications using COTS products or JSP, Servlet and XML.
*Conduct POCs to demo new ideas and help solidify technical direction.
*Work with internal as well as external resources to achieve project goals.
*Work in a collaborative development environment, providing assistance & technical guidance to less experienced team members
* College Degree or equivalent work experience
* Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow and ability to create work flows and GUI
* Desired – knowledge and development skills in vmWare vRealize Automation (VRA)
* Desired – Excellent scripting skills desired (Example: shell scripts, Bladelogic etc)
* Desired – knowledge in creating Blueprints, publishing catalogs, creating and configuring VRO/workflows, vRO configurations/integration with external systems/3rd party tools such as Infoblox serviceNow, checkpoint TAM, Sailpoint, cyberark etc
* knowledge in other VMWare technologies
* Desired – Knowledge in chef, puppet other similar tools.
* Desired – Coding experience in Java, JSP, Servlet, J2EE and Java Script
* Excellent coding and GUI skills
* Development of vRealize Automation (VRA), VCloud air, SharePoint, Industry Cloud automation orchestration tools is a plus
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Expert in web technologies such as Java, Struts and MVC frameworks.
* In depth understanding of industry best practices, legacy browser challenges and emerging technologies will set this candidate apart.
* This candidate should lead group of developers, generating ideas, designing solutions and building them.
* The team works closely with our business stakeholders so effective coding skills, verbal and written communication is a necessity.
* Work with stake holders to provide delivery schedule meeting customer satisfaction.