The Innovation Product Manager will oversee multiple experiments and products within the newly established Multifamily Innovation Lab (iLab). The iLab is a pillar for Multifamily’s digital transformation. The Manager will serve in a leadership capacity reporting to the Innovation Lab Senior Director. They will help execute the iLab operating model. The Innovation Product Manager will prototype, test and deliver technology enabled solutions for various business use cases. Testing and development will strongly rely on cloud-based infrastructure. The role will be responsible for managing fintech and SaaS provider relationships and leading proof of concept (‘POCs’) testing as appropriate. The Innovation Portfolio Manager position resides in the business organization but closely partners with IT and other cross-functional internal stakeholders.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Assess and identify best technology, internal or external, to apply to prioritized use cases via POC
- Conduct product demos and lead internal and external marketing of products as required
- Specify product requirements within varying degrees of agile software development environment including maintaining backlogs of product priorities
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product/project plan that addresses them
- Evaluate and prioritize business use cases
- Identify and secure internal and external resources required for success on each experiment or product
- Lead cross-functional internal and consultant teams of business experts, system engineers/developers, designers, etc.
- Define and track KPIs, manage forecasting, and project budgets to achieve the required innovation ROI
- Review and approve testing strategy and success metrics for iLab Innovation Professional to track
- Experience prototyping, testing and/or developing solutions on the cloud
- Experience testing, experimenting or using emerging technology such as AI, machine and deep learning, big data, blockchain, etc.
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis and business use case evaluation
- Knowledge of fintech industry
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit
- College degree
- Typically, 7-10 years of consulting or technology experience
Keys to Success in this Role
- High Attention to detail
- Love finding new and inventive solutions
- Curiosity about technology and a drive to share knowledge
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possesses
- Seek and Embrace Change: Actively support culture change initiatives
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Commercial real estate lending business knowledge to effectively evaluate and prioritize use cases
- Agile software development process experience
- Advanced studies/degree
- Experience assessing potential fintech partnerships, investments or acquisitions
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS