Freddie Mac helps to create a better housing finance system that makes homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable. Come find out for yourself why we’ve become a destination employer for ambitious professionals!
Freddie Mac’s Finance division is currently seeking Finance / Accounting Interns to support the division’s business line objectives, projects, and initiatives. This is a ten week program designed to provide interns with the opportunity to gain a unique and diverse perspective into Freddie Mac. The key focus is to provide an opportunity to gain workplace experience, build their network, develop technical and soft skills as well as apply classroom curriculum to ‘real world’ scenarios.
Interns will be placed in one of the following areas –
Financial Close Process:
- Assist with validations to ensure accurate financial disclosures
- Support External Reporting and Financial Accounting teams
Management Reporting and Analytics:
- Prepare financial reports about business performance for internal management
- Work with Financial Planning & Analysis teams
- Work collaboratively and gain an understanding of specialized areas of the Finance Division
- Provide research support and undertake additional side-projects as they arise
Ideal candidates for this program are highly motivated, analytical thinkers who are committed to building a long-term career in accounting or finance. The program serves as a pipeline for the Finance Analyst Rotation Program, which is a two-year program for recent college graduates. The Finance Analyst Rotation Program provides an opportunity for analysts to rotate through various roles in the Finance division.
- Minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA
- Pursing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- Graduation Date of December 2020 / May 2021
- Availability to begin the internship in May 2020
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to learn new skills/concepts quickly
- Any experience or background in Finance or Accounting
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving ability
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines with a positive attitude
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS