Freddie Mac’s Internal Audit Division (IAD) is currently seeking business and information technology (IT) audit interns to join our business and IT audit teams. Freddie’s audit teams play a critical role in the company’s approach to managing business and IT risk by providing independent, objective, and value-added assurance of risk management, governance, and controls. The interns will support IAD by assisting in defining the scope of audits, identifying key risks, and testing the operating effectiveness of relevant controls while working with seasoned IAD professionals.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Participating in meetings with process owners to understanding key risks and controls
- Preparing documentation which clearly describes the audit procedures performed, results of testing and conclusions reached for various processes
- Preparing and presenting audit findings and recommendations to management and business stakeholders
- Demonstrating an understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, and controls
Audit Issue Follow-up
- Assisting IAD professionals with the evaluation of the effectiveness of management’s issue remediation
- Monitoring open issues and management’s remediation
- Collaborating with other interns to compete an intern project assigned at the beginning of the internship
- Minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Audit, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, or Business Administration with an emphasis in Technology, Computer Science, Accounting Information Systems or related discipline
- Target graduation date Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
Keys to Success in this Role
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as individually
- Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Seek and Embrace Change: Actively support culture change initiatives
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS