If you are in the process of obtaining your advanced degree, looking for an opportunity to enhance your skills in a dynamic work environment prior to graduation, and interested in a career in risk management, then Freddie Mac’s Business Risk Management Internship is for you.
Our internship offers you an opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the company’s risk management objectives and provides exposure to a wide spectrum of risk disciplines that will allow you to build on the knowledge and analytical skills you have acquired through your advanced studies. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the financial services industry and develop your knowledge of risk management, all while building valuable skills and making lifelong connections.
Upon successful completion of the three-month internship and your advanced degree, you may be extended an opportunity to join our Enterprise Graduate Risk Rotation program – a two-year analyst rotation program that allows you to work in different risk management areas such as Credit, Market, Operational and Compliance risk. Our analyst program is designed to help you build a broad skill set, develop a comprehensive foundation in risk management, and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to Freddie Mac’s enterprise-level risk management function.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
As an intern, you will support short-term projects that contribute to division priorities, which may include one or more of the following activities:
- Assist in the assessment of business unit exposures by identifying risks, evaluating their potential impact and reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of the organization’s existing controls
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Develop and implement key analytics and other reports
- Support strategic planning and change management initiatives
- Perform budgeting, forecasting and cost monitoring activities
- Work on cross-functional projects and/or teams and assist with project management activities
Participation in the program will support your continued professional development through access to targeted training courses and exposure to senior management. You will gain knowledge of risk management concepts in the financial industry and an understanding of critical organizational business and risk management functions, all while enhancing your own competencies, by:
- Building critical leadership, business and analytical skills
- Creating your personal brand and growing your internal network
- Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated program managers, experienced rotational analysts and knowledgeable mentors
- Enhancing your knowledge of financial and risk concepts and Freddie Mac’s key role in the mortgage market through a custom-designed training curriculum
- Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth