Freddie Mac’s Portfolio Management and Capital Markets Divisions are responsible for managing the ~$2.5 trillion mortgage guarantee and investment portfolios through secondary mortgage market activities such as asset-liability management, loan purchases, servicing transactions, securitization and credit risk transfer.
Are you looking for development beyond the ordinary? A place full of interesting challenges and the engineers up to solving them? Then welcome to Financial Engineering. This is the place where the models become software, where many of the numbers that drive our business decisions are produced. Our systems are used for interest rate and credit risk management, investment analysis and trading, security issuance, automated loan underwriting, distressed loan decisions, economic and regulatory capital, property valuation, financial reporting, economic and GAAP forecasting, and more! We work with the modeling and front office teams to take advantage of the latest in machine learning and leverage high performance computing to produce the solutions that help Freddie Mac strike the right balance between risk and reward. If you ever wanted to do large-scale simulations, develop tools for trading securities, or get involved in transactional risk systems, you should be looking here.
If you have a strong CS background and enjoy hands-on development, this could be the place for you!
- One or more of Java, Python, and C++.
- Additional experience in statistics, finance, economics, data analytics, and mathematics are helpful though not required
- Communication and interpersonal skills for working in a collaborative team
- Passionate about software engineering and learning new technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computational Finance, or a directly related quantitative field
- Minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA
- Availability to begin full time employment in June 2020, following Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 graduation
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Bringing an analytical and imaginative mindset to work every day
- Having a passion for grid computing, big data, and other advanced technologies
- Being a rigorous developer, educated in algorithms and data structures, with an ability to think through both the solution and the proper testing
- Learning the business as it happens. This is a hands-on role not only for the technology, but for the business problems we are trying to solve
- An ability to work independently, communicate well, and exhibit an agile mindset
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS