Are you looking for development beyond the ordinary? A place full of interesting challenges and the engineers up to solving them? Then welcome to Financial Engineering. This is the place where the models become software, where many of the numbers that drive our business decisions are produced.
Freddie Mac’s Investments & Capital Markets Division is currently seeking a Financial Engineering Dev Senior who will provide technical expertise. This person will have expert technical hands on background, an analytical mindset and be passionate about their work!
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Design and Implement high quality credit/economic model application frameworks and use those frameworks to build end to end applications.
- Actively investigating to improve quality of solution either new or existing. Regarding customer satisfaction as a high priority.
- Ability to evaluate and propose new relevant technologies.
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience.
- At least 8 – 12 Years of end-to-end software development experience.
- Practical experience with Testing, Continuous Integration and good exposure to technology stack for DevOps.
- Ability to demonstrate expert programming skills in Java, preferably 1.8, and related application development stack.
- Exhibit solid understanding and practical experience of latest web technologies.
- Experience with building near real time web applications.
- Good team player and individual contributor.
Keys to Success in this Role
- Design and Implement high quality credit/economic model application frameworks and use those frameworks to build end to end applications. Actively investigate to improve quality of solution either new or existing. Regarding customer satisfaction as a high priority. Ability to evaluate and propose new relevant technologies. Hands-on day to day senior developer role i.e. mostly writing code and development related activities.
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership – Execute upon a clear vision and goals; good communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships within the team; good team player
- Drive for Execution – Execute effectively with a clear direction and objective, good ownership
- Exposure to Python, R, Hadoop, Spark or similar technologies a plus.
- Exposure to Grid Computing/Big Data or similar technologies a plus.
- Exposure to AWS or similar cloud technologies a plus.
- Understanding of fixed income finance specifically loan(mortgage) level cashflows and corresponding accounting treatments.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS