Are you someone who thrives on a busy environment with hands approach to software development? Then, we are looking for you! Our workplace includes engagement with I&CM desks stakeholders, work with fellow developers and ensure timely delivery of initiatives. The role will involve active software development using Java 8 in DevOps environment including unit testing and automated functional testing.
Your Work Falls into These Primary Categories:
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Understand Business Requirements; participate in Requirements Analysis; identify solutions by working technical team and architects; design Applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy application.
- Ability to handle assignments independently and help manage projects end to end.
- Design, develop, test driven code and review existing code changes to ensure adherence to established development standards and procedures.
- Accountable for owning and maintaining software solutions including operations, user support and collaborating with other teams across organization.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defects or routines that requires manual maintenance. Keen eye for troubleshooting issues.
- Successful delivery against stated objectives.
Team Management and Leadership
- Work closely with Development Manager and technical teams to assess impact of issues and provide alternative solutions/recovery plans to ensure goals are achieved.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors and internal business partners to ensure product adoption.
Operations and Technology
- Understand the System Operational risk and controls.
- Automate System Operational risk and controls.
- Ensure software is developed according the enterprise production standards.
- Typically has minimum 6 to 10 years of related experience
- College Degree in Computer Science, Math, Finance or related areas
- Expert level understanding of OOP and OOD concepts. 8+ years of experience.
- Expert level programming skills in Java. 8+ years of experience. Java 1.8 is mandatory
- Expert level understanding of Spring Framework – Spring Boot, MVC, JPA
- Solid understanding of Java concurrency and multi-threading
- At least 5 years of experience in solution, design and development of web-based applications
- Should have worked in a Test Driven projects. Should have in-depth knowledge in JUnit and scenario based testing (like Java Fitness, Cucumber).
- Should have at least 5 year of work experience in RDBMS – Queries, Predicates, DML, DDL, DCL
- Demonstrate ownership, innovation, and focus on delivering results is a must
- Exhibit good individual and team spirit. Customer focus is must. Passionate towards work and should have positive attitude. Looking for a change agent and driven professional.
Keys to Success in This Role
- Change Agent with strong desire and belief in team success.
- Hands on with equal focus on both technology and business
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the teams
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership – Implement a clear vision and goals; good communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships within the team; good team player
- Drive for Execution – Execute effectively with a clear direction and objective, good ownership
- Advanced degree
- Financial services experience
- Cloud experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS