The Single-Family Business Resiliency Team (SFBRT) at Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for a Business Resiliency Manager to join our growing team of enthusiastic and collaborative professionals with diverse backgrounds. The role of the SFBRT is to drive divisional adoption of and ensure compliance with the Enterprise Business Resiliency Policy, standards, and framework consistent with regulatory requirements.
The Business Resiliency Manager plays an important role to ensure that the Business Resiliency program is developed, executed, and maintained so that the division is appropriately prepared for, and can respond to disruptions to critical business processes and systems. The Business Resiliency Manager will report directly to the Director of SF Business Resiliency.
The ideal candidate is a highly accomplished and motivated professional with excellent organizational, written and oral communication, facilitation, risk management, leadership and relationship management skills. The ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders in an open, collaborative environment is key.
This role will routinely manage multiple time-sensitive business resiliency projects including conducting operational risk assessments and Business Impact Analyses, as well as developing Business Continuity plans, exercise scenarios, test scripts, reporting documentation and training materials. This role has a high level of exposure with potential for significant impact, and provides the opportunity to learn about the roles, business processes, and technology that support Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Business.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Facilitates operational risk assessments, business impact analysis, business continuity strategy and actionable plan development in accordance with Enterprise program standards
- Facilitates the assessment of operational, financial and reputational impacts of disruptive scenarios
- Facilitates divisional crisis management, crisis communications, remediation and post-incident analysis.
- Collaborates with divisional and enterprise teams to establish, maintain and mature program processes and practices to ensure that the program aligns with industry standards and meets regulatory requirements.
- Effective relationship management to provide guidance and direction to business process-owners to ensure deliverables consistently remain in accordance with program quality expectations
- Works well in a collaborative team environment and under pressure of deadlines
Planning, Development and Execution:
- Employs innovative approach to operationalizing policies and standards, authoring business-level procedures, developing requirements for and implementing tools to facilitate compliance, monitoring and reporting (e.g., SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, BCM database)
- Plans, coordinates, and facilitates tabletop and functional business continuity exercises for various scenarios that provide leaders and subject matter experts the opportunity to remediate gaps in plans.
- Plans, coordinates and executes multiple iterations of disaster recovery testing in coordination with a matrixed team of business and technology subject matter experts. This includes developing testing-related plans, scripts, and reporting targeted to keep staff and executives apprised of actions, progress and issues.
- Develops and executes training and awareness activities to reinforce compliance and advance program maturity.
- Strategic analysis of business resiliency program data and presentation for leadership decision criteria
- Participates in external business continuity management organizations and keeps abreast of industry best practices and trends.
- Maintains industry Business Continuity certification
- Provide 24/7 crisis management on-call support on a rotational basis.