Are you a seasoned single-family mortgage underwriter who is looking for a way to impact business results and future loan requirements? Are you seeking to work for a leader who innovates and inspires? Do you thrive in an environment that requires collaboration but also relies on your ability to influence opinion? If you have a desire to help our organization strengthen its Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function through executing and improving upon our Quality Assurance (QA) process, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. You will review purchased single-family mortgage loans and compare them against Freddie Mac’s loan approval requirements. The result of your work will help identify areas of improvement in Freddie Mac’s Quality Control function, gaps in our loan requirements, fraud trends, training opportunities, or other business enhancements. If this interests you, apply to become part of the QA team and join Freddie Mac as we build a better housing finance system.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
- Execute assigned post purchase random sample and focused loan file reviews using underwriting principles and Freddie Mac loan approval requirements
- Document QA work in line with documentation standards
- Draft quality QA reports and present results to ERM and SF leadership
Assessment and Recommendations
- Provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to identified issues
- Assess the quality of Freddie Mac’s policies, procedures and practices related to loan purchases
- Identify areas of weakness that may allow loans to be purchased outside of policy
- Review internal and external assessments to identify broad themes or trends
- Identify possible training needs based on QA findings, trends, and policy changes
- Typically has college degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degrees preferred
- 7+ years of experience in single-family mortgage underwriting and quality assurance review
- Excellent interpersonal and investigative skills
- Must be able to work out of our McLean, VA headquarters with the possibility of 1-2 remote days a week in the future
Keys to Success in this Role
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment for evaluating loan quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to challenge senior stakeholders
- Effective project management skills, including the ability to plan and successfully execute multiple concurrent projects.
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Research and Investigation: Be certain of the requirements but challenge the status quo
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships within the team and first line of defense business areas.
- Growth and Development: Own your development and help others to be at their best
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS