Freddie Mac’s Multifamily Division is responsible for providing liquidity to the secondary mortgage market for multifamily loans. The Capital Markets area of Multifamily is responsible for running the division’s securitization platform, the most popular of which is the K program. The Capital Markets team is looking for a Capital Markets Associate in the structuring group. Capital Markets contains four main areas: Loan Pricing, Structuring, and Securitization and Investor relations. The structuring group works closely with each of these groups and works closely with our accountants and broker-dealers. Structuring is responsible for bond valuation, deal structuring and optimization.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
Reporting and Market Tracking
- Weekly P&L by mark-to-market of ACMB positions and recommending optimal deal structure and credit spreads
- Generate Gain-On-Sale (GOS) of mortgages in the pipeline
- Analyze trends in the secondary bond market
- Create/maintain databases in Excel, Access, or SQL and generate reports for senior management.
- Ad hoc projects upon request
- Assist in the deal designation process by providing P&L and deal optimization analytics
- Collaborate with lead banks on bond cash flows and review deal documents prior to deal issuance
- Manage deal settlement activities including generating final deal P&L for senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, or related
- 1-2 years of experience in related field
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Keys to Success in this Role
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting timelines and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to analyze complex technical topics and explain solutions to a non-technical audience
- Comfortable working on a trading floor/busy environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in fixed income capital markets
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Experience with Intex dealmaker strongly preferred
- Experience with databases a strong plus, but not required (SQL/Python)
- Prior Structured Products/CMBS experience a plus
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS