Freddie Mac’s Finance division is currently seeking a Financial Forecasting and Modeling Manager (Stress Testing) to be part of the Investments and Capital Markets CFO department. The Investments and Capital Markets CFO department is responsible for financial accounting and reporting, portfolio risk and profitability analysis, pricing and valuation activities, and financial planning & analysis for Freddie Mac’s Capital Markets segment. The hired individual will join the Financial Planning and Analysis Team and contribute to the Capital Markets financial forecast process including stress test scenarios.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
Forecasting, Analysis & Stress Testing
- Create monthly / quarterly financial forecasts for the I&CM Business Unit for baseline as well as stress scenarios (Dodd Frank Stress Testing)
- Create forecasts of underlying business volume and transaction assumptions for various forecast scenarios
- Analyze and explain key drivers of financial statements under various forecast scenarios that incorporate different business strategy alternatives under consideration by the business unit.
- Analyze, research and explain variances between forecast and actuals. Coordinate with other business units and Corporate RP&A to ensure consistency of forecasts.
- Ensure the forecasting process is well controlled and documented and maintain effective audit trail
- Participate in senior-level meetings for planning & explaining results
- Manage a team of 2-4 individual contributors
- 7-10 years of experience in financial analysis, financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of managerial experience
- Experience working in corporate finance, financial planning and analysis and financial reporting roles
- Proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint
Keys to Success in This Role:
- Able to quickly learn Freddie Mac’s business model and ICM’s role in it
- Able to quickly learn the forecasting process, inputs, outputs
- Be able to explain forecasting results in an intuitive manner
- Be able to continuously enhance forecasting process, controls and documentation
- Attention to detail, clearly and concisely explain variances, with minimal oversight
Top Three Core Competencies to Possess:
- Drive for execution- Treat obstacles as challenge to overcome, not excuses
- Growth and Development- Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Leadership- Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and/or goals
- Masters Degree
- Experience with Fixed Income, Mortgage and Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) portfolios
- Experience with Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) / Dodd-Frank Annual Stress Test (DFAST)
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS