Freddie Mac’s Single Family Division is currently seeking a Quantitative Analytics Senior to be responsible for the development and execution of quantitative/analytic models and applications in support of business and risk decisions as a member of the Default Costing Model Team.
Your Work Falls Into Three Primary Categories
Model Development and Research
- Developing analytical methods and models that assess the credit risk of new and existing financial and mortgage products
- Providing innovative, thorough and practical solutions to an extensive range of demanding and complicated problems
- Developing and validating loss forecasting models, conducting research on enhancements to the existing models, and applying industry best practices and techniques to meet various business needs
- Coordinating the testing through the model implementation, conducting back tests to monitor the model performance, and performing economic tests and stress tests to validate the model forecast results
Analytics and Business Support
- Providing modeling and analytical support to a line of business or product area, functioning as day-to-day technical expert.
- Working under limited direction, independently determining and developing approach to solutions.
- Doctorate degree (or Master’s degree with equivalent work experience) in quantitative finance, statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Coursework or work experience applying predictive modeling techniques from finance, statistics, mathematics, data science, and computer programming to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include–but is not limited to—statistics, mathematical programming, optimization, machine learning, computational methods, design and analysis of algorithms, Bayesian methods, derivatives, and Monte Carlo methods/modeling.
- Coursework or work experience writing statistical and/or optimization programs to develop models and algorithms. Programming languages may include–but are not limited to–Python, R, SQL, Java, SAS, and MATLAB.
Keys to Success in this Role
- Exceptional quantitative, empirical analysis, and research skills
- Strong knowledge of econometric models, tools and techniques
- Strong programming skills
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Strong programming skills in SAS, SQL and Unix.
- Experience with programming language such as Python, R, Matlab, VBA, Java
- Experience working with large data sets and relational database
- Experience working with mortgage or consumer credit risk models, prepayment models and severity models
- Experience with competing-risk hazard models, transition models, loss forecasting and stress testing
- Experience in data science, machine learning and related technologies
- Experience in model development including logistic regression is preferred
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS