Do you thrive on innovation and making a difference in a large financial organization? Do you love building relationships and working with a group of highly motivated and knowledgeable team members? Are you interested in growing your knowledge of the financial services industry? If so, Freddie Mac’s Internal Audit Division is the right place for you!
The Capital Markets and Finance audit team is seeking an Internal Audit Senior to join our growing finance team. Our finance audits cover a variety of areas including: Financial Reporting, Accounting Policy, Corporate Forecasting, Conservator Capital and ROE Framework, Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test, Hedge Accounting, Debt/Investment Accounting, Loan Accounting, Allowance for Loan Loss, and SF, Capital Markets & MF Valuation.
Your Work Falls Into the Following Two Categories:
- Assist in managing resource allocation and scheduling
- Assist with the audit and annual planning processes
Audit Reporting / Execution
- Manage the day-to-day oversight of individual audit
- Identify deficiencies in the control design and operating effectiveness
- Design & perform testing of controls
- Provide solutions, draft report and participate in the reporting process
- Lead client meetings and communicate audit findings
- Typically has 3 to 5 years of experience, including previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and the secondary mortgage markets.
- Strong data analytics skill using the latest tools.
- Proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationship and rapport with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Keys to Success in This Role:
- Solid understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments.
- Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals
- Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
- Having a good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management and the COSO framework is critical for success in this role
- The ability to think outside the box
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Leadership: Demonstrates self-motivation
- Drive for Execution: Completes work in a timely fashion and maintains clear, concise, and complete workpapers
- Growth and Development: Develop the team (and help others) to be better contributors and leaders
- Financial Services Experience
- CPA and/or CIA certification
- Big 4 financial services audit experience
- A quick learner
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS