The Single-Family Real Estate Department in the Legal Division of Freddie Mac is seeking an attorney to join its legal staff as Counsel. The attorney will primarily support the single-family mortgage acquisition activities of Freddie Mac, including contract negotiations and drafting, written communications to the industry, internal and external training activities, quality control matters, and new initiatives involving underwriting, purchasing and servicing mortgages.
Your Work Falls into the Following Two Categories:
Mortgage Purchase Initiatives
- Providing advisory support to internal clients on mortgage eligibility, credit policies and the Freddie Mac Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (the “Guide”) matters, including lender eligibility; mortgage purchases; mortgage servicing; loan documents and forms; representations, warranties, covenants and remedies relating to loans purchased by and serviced for Freddie Mac; and proprietary initiatives and systems
- Drafting contracts for the purchase of mortgage loans on a flow or bulk basis, including customized credit underwriting terms and pricing structures
- Participating in developing and drafting credit policies relating to underwriting mortgage loans; amending and updating the Guide; reviewing external communications and training materials relating to new products, policies and systems
- Providing advice to internal clients on legal matters relating to a variety of U.S. laws and regulations that implicate mortgage underwriting, originations and servicing
- Working with Freddie Mac’s regulator on matters relating to mortgage purchase eligibility
- Advising internal clients on matters requiring approval by or consultation with Freddie Mac’s regulator
- 3 – 7 years of relevant sophisticated legal experience, either in-house with a bank, mortgage company or real estate brokerage company, or with a law firm
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree; membership in good standing in a state Bar
- Excellent analytical, strategic, legal research, writing and advocacy skills
- Ability to effectively manage numerous issues across multiple areas and to set priorities independently
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Ability to create and maintain strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through individual and team actions
- Client Focus – Personally engage with internal clients to understand their needs
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS