The mission of the Internal Audit Division is to provide independent, objective assurance designed to add value and improve operations. Freddie Mac’s Audit team focuses on providing independent assurance over how credit, operational, and strategic risks are managed at Freddie Mac.
Staff members are highly-skilled audit and risk management professionals with a demonstrated ability to provide value added audit and advisory services to Freddie Mac. The team plays a critical role in shaping Freddie Mac’s approach to managing credit, operational, and strategic risks by providing independent, objective, and value-added assurance of risk management, governance, and controls.
The Audit Supervisor will focus on executing assurance services for different areas within the Company. As part of the Third Line of Defense the candidate will work closely with risk partners in the Second Line of Defense and risk owners in the First Line of Defense.
Your Work Falls Into the Following Two Categories:
Project Planning & Execution
- Work independently and ensure work is completed on time and in keeping with professional standards.
- Perform and document work such as procedure development, walkthroughs and controls testing in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
- At project level, perform people management related tasks such as coaching and project performance evaluations.
- Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and best practices.
- Monitor management’s remediation of identified issues, provide timely feedback on progress of remediation and test the effectiveness of the remediation.
- Maintain, track and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Assist in drafting reports to formally communicate results of testing to stakeholders
- Minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Experience must include a minimum of 4 years auditing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related discipline
Keys to Success in This Role:
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as individually
- Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Partnership- Build strong partnerships through my own and team’s actions
- Drive for Execution- Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Growth and Development- Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), other relevant certifications (or commitment to get certified within one year)
- Experience performing data analysis using data mining and visualization techniques (Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL)
- Banking/financial services experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS