Freddie Mac has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Development, Professional; within our Multi-family BTO group to work on cutting edge technologies to modernize legacy applications and migrate them from on-premise datacenter to AWS.
We are seeking a motivated individual who will play an integral role in our transformation into an Agile & DevOps focused team. This person will be responsible for the build and deployment automation across the business applications by utilizing DevOps principles leveraging existing and new Open Source tools. The individual should have a strong ability to adapt and apply IT expertise to a varying array of issues relating to buildout and maintenance of the platforms on-premise with various integrations to the core tools. The individual is expected to work under limited direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solution
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Evaluate and Prototype
- Prototype and develop reference implementations in consultation with architects and leads
- Follow agile methodology and actively participate in daily scrum meetings
- Document and publish the reference implementation
Adoption and Rollout
- Participate in roadshows to showcase the reference implementations
- Work with application teams in adopting the reference implementation
- Provide training and SME support
Cloud based Solution Implementation
- For a given application perform Gap analysis between current and target state.
- Implement architecture approved patterns to bridge the gap
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in Solution, Design and Development of applications using VB, Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, RESTful Microservices, and Angular 6+
- 2-4 years of experience in Designing and Implementing cloud-based solutions preferably AWS
- 2-4 years of experience working in Agile (Scrum) teams.
- 2-4 years of experience in Development and support of middleware technologies such as Spring boot, WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss.
- 2-4 years of experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CICD)
- Good knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD),
- Good knowledge of database concepts and integration with business application development using SQL
- Good working knowledge of DevOps tool chain (Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Unix
- Fast learner of new technologies and tools.
- Understanding requirements and design for the build and deployment of enterprise applications.
- Work independently contributing to the success of assigned project(s).
- Participate in discussions with project teams to understand the application design, build process and help deploy applications in target environments.
- Provide inputs for effort estimation.
Keys to Success in this Role
- Strong consultation and communication skills
- Flexible to work with different teams across organization
- Proactive in identifying existing issues and providing an alternate solution
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Seek and Embrace Change: Actively support culture change initiatives
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS