The Model Audit and Data Analytics (MDA) team in Internal Audit is seeking a Senior of Model Audit. The position is responsible for supporting the Internal Audit Division to determine whether the organization’s model risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and implemented by management, are adequate and functioning effectively.
The MDA team is seeking a Senior candidate who has a diverse skill set to be able to conduct projects that are either model-oriented, data-oriented, or both. Model audits are chosen by risks (high or emerging) and require in-depth knowledge of the methodology and limitations. Moreover, a corporate emphasis on efficiency has put a premium on finding new ways to analyze the data and assess models in less time. Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories
Model Governance and Technical Analysis
- Evaluates risk associated with the company’s models including models of default, prepayment, loan scoring, valuation, derivatives, interest rates, stress testing and counter parties.
- Executes a risk-based approach to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of the company’s first and second line model risk management, controls, model governance and data governance programs.
- Evaluates the quality of management’s model development testing, implementation, validation and on-going monitoring of model performance.
- Possesses knowledge of applied computer programming, preferably R, Python, SAS, MATLAB.
- Visualizes data to communicate complex patterns to executives and business users.
- Evaluates management’s compliance with model policies, standards, and model development procedures.
Partnership and Leadership
- Executes audits, audit finding follow-up activities, or advisory projects.
- Works with a team of quantitative, economists, data analysts and external consultants to execute audit programs and to document work papers and reports consistent with industry practices.
- Documents audit work papers, conducts fieldwork, and supports the Supervisor, Manager, or Director in drafting audit and advisory reports.
- Challenges data quality assessments and suggests more efficient alternatives.
- Doctorate degree (or Master’s degree with equivalent work experience) in quantitative finance, statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Coursework or work experience applying predictive modeling techniques from finance, statistics, mathematics, data science, and computer programming to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include–but is not limited to—statistics, mathematical programming, optimization, machine learning, computational methods, design and analysis of algorithms, Bayesian methods, derivatives, and Monte Carlo methods/modeling.
- Coursework or work experience writing statistical and/or optimization programs to develop models and algorithms. Programming languages may include–but are not limited to–Python, R, SQL, Java, SAS, and MATLAB.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of data science techniques
- Big 4 experience with internal or external audit experience is a plus
- Prior studies/interests in accounting (CPA exams, undergrad in Accounting) is a plus
- Possession or willingness to pursue certifications in Internal Audit (CIA, CPA, CISA) is a plus
Key to Success in this Role
- Ability to communicate and convey the insights of quantitative analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences is pivotal for this role.
- Solid oral and written communication skills. Ability to pitch and storyboard a project.
- Exceptional quantitative, empirical analysis, and research skills
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership – Primary focus of building something of significance. Willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS