Freddie Mac’s Enterprise Risk Management Division is currently seeking a Quantitative Analytics Senior to perform all tasks related to model validation to evaluate and manage model risks associated with company’s models. The objective of the role is to create and execute a complete model validation within the Enterprise Model Risk group with initial focus on internal capital model and capital forecasting model review.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories
- Conduct technical validation of Freddie models, including writing a detailed independent model validation report.
- Follow model governance procedures and requirements.
- Remediate regulatory findings and address audit feedback
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure effective management of model risk enterprise wide.
- Work collaboratively with model validators to ensure timely delivery of model review projects
- Doctorate degree (or Master’s degree with equivalent work experience) in quantitative finance, statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Coursework or work experience applying predictive modeling techniques from finance, statistics, mathematics, data science, and computer programming to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include–but is not limited to—statistics, mathematical programming, optimization, machine learning, computational methods, design and analysis of algorithms, Bayesian methods, derivatives, and Monte Carlo methods/modeling.
- Coursework or work experience writing statistical and/or optimization programs to develop models and algorithms. Programming languages may include–but are not limited to–Python, R, SQL, Java, SAS, and MATLAB.
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac’s business and related risk modeling, data and analytics; for example, residential or commercial mortgage credit risk models, house price models, securitization valuation (Single Family Credit-Risk Transfer or Multi-family K-deals) is a plus
- Experience with economic capital or regulatory capital models is a plus.
Keys to Success in this Role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong modeling and analytics skills
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the department
- Deep curiosity to learn about new things with critical thinking
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS