Do you thrive on innovation and making a difference in a large financial organization? Do you love building relationships and working with a group of highly motivated and knowledgeable team members? Are you interested in growing your knowledge of the financial services industry? If so, Freddie Mac’s Enterprise Supply Chain (ESC Department is the right place for you!
ESC is seeking a Sourcing and Contracts Senior to join our growing team. The Sourcing & Contracts Senior will report to the Category Manager and is responsible for the end to end sourcing and contracting process related to all suppliers providing goods and/or services within a specified procurement category.
The Sourcing & Contracts Senior is responsible for working with the Category Manager and the business partners to execute on the category strategy by managing the sourcing and contracting specific to category suppliers. This includes responsibility for all aspects of running sourcing events (RFX’s) including but not limited to leading supplier RFx development, leading supplier meetings during the sourcing process, providing subject matter expertise throughout the sourcing process where applicable, leading the analysis and recommendation of supplier proposals, and negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish business relationships with suppliers for designated categories. In addition, negotiate and execute new contracts not resulting from a sourcing event as well as statements of work and/or amendments to existing category agreements.
The Sourcing & Contracts Senior will also ensure integration of and compliance with vendor risk, diversity, and management requirements throughout the sourcing process. The Sourcing & Contracts Senior will be responsible for identifying & driving savings throughout the sourcing process to meet all savings targets set by the Category Manager.
Your Work Falls Into Three Primary Categories:
Sourcing and Contracting
- Develop and manage all aspects of sourcing events (RFX’s) ) including but not limited to leading supplier RFx development, leading supplier meetings during the sourcing process, providing subject matter expertise throughout the sourcing process where applicable, leading the analysis and recommendation of supplier proposals, and negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and leading practices within the sourcing and contracting process
- Responsible for full contract life cycle for all category suppliers from contract initiation through termination including execution of Agreements, Statements of Work, Amendments and contract renewals
- Manage vendor performance and adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Build and manage strong supplier relationships
- Accountable for internal stakeholder KPIs for category(s) and support supplier scorecard for external stakeholder KPIs
- Participate in category review meetings with team and with business partners on a recurring basis to ensure alignment with the businesses strategic wave plan and ensure alignment across all suppliers and contracts to the category strategy and initiatives
- Execute on the category strategy and work toward developing a sourcing pipeline and cohesive cost-saving agreements
- Execute strategy and work toward developing a sourcing pipeline and cohesive cost-saving agreements
- Identify and drive savings throughout the sourcing and contracts process to meet all savings targets set by the Category Manager
- 5-7 years relevant experience working in Purchasing, commercial Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management environments
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Superior negotiation, analytical, decision making, and relationship management skills
- Experience in developing and running sourcing events from development to contract execution
- Broad-based experience in supply chain, procurement, contracts, project management
- Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently
- Highly effective written and oral communications as well as interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and expertise of purchasing systems, category management, and strategic sourcing methodologies
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
Keys to Success in This Role:
- Ability to be flexible
- Willingness to take on tasks outside of assigned responsibilities
- Being proactive
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Leadership- Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and or goals
- Seek and Embrace Change-Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- Partnership-Build trust and partnerships through my own work and teams actions
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS