Are you ready to take your career up a level? Are you interested in Asset-Liability Management? If so, we may have the role for you! Freddie Mac’s Investment and Capital Markets (I&CM) Division is currently seeking a Counterparty Credit Risk Professional to support I&CM’s responsibilities of managing of counterparty credit risk resulting from Retained Portfolio and Treasury activities such as hedging, forward purchases and sales and repurchase agreements. Does this sound interesting to you? If so, keep reading!
The incumbent will join the Counterparty Credit Risk group within the Asset-Liability Management (ALM) department. The group is responsible for counterparty evaluation and monitoring, developing methodologies for measuring and managing counterparty exposure, setting risk limits, managing day-to-day risk and ad-hoc counterparty credit risk related projects. The scope of counterparties include Globally Systemic Important Banks, Clearinghouses and Broker/Dealers.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Assist in the oversight and management of counterparty credit risk exposures, including risk limits
- Execute department’s applications used to manage counterparty risk
- Support implementation of counterparty risk models for new products and initiatives by utilizing various approaches including sensitivity analyses, stress testing, value-at-risk, and scenario testing
- Continuously interact and coordinate with Finance, Legal, Operations, SF and MFcounterparty risk management groups, etc
- Work closely with traders and portfolio managers across all I&CM desks by providing assistance in evaluation and drivers of counterparty risk exposure resulting from their trading activities
Analysis and Development
- Develop, enhance and monitor counterparty risk exposure credit risk metrics (i.e PFE, Scenario/Stress analysis, etc)
- Prepare documentation including presentation materials containing information on the review processes and results, procedures, etc
- Develop and contribute to ad-hoc risk projects and reports as needed
- Assist analysts in the performing counterparty evaluation
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience
- 1-2 years of functional and industry experience in fixed income pricing, counterparty risk measurement and counterparty credit risk evaluation
- Degree in finance, economics or other quantitative fields
- Solid knowledge of derivatives and financing transactions
Keys to Success in this Role
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the teams
- Ability to learn quick
- Stay current with your skills
- Take initiative and follow-up
- Accept responsibility
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Technically and quantitatively oriented
- Basic level of understanding of fixed income markets, derivatives and securities
- Technical skills including proficiency in SQL and related databases, advanced Excel data analysis and VB programming experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS