The Investments & Capital Markets (ICM) CFO department in Finance is seeking a highly-motivated Business Analysis Senior to join its department. In this role, the individual will support change management, business management and data governance activities across ICM Finance. The ideal candidate will have strategy skills to identify and solve for challenges but also strong execution skills to deliver upon the strategy. This position will involve partnering effectively with various business and IT stakeholders and will require solid communication skills, ability to build relationships and drive a consistent agenda. The ideal candidate is a “self-starter” with a desire to understand accounting concepts and a passion for change management.
Your Work Falls into the Following Two Primary Categories
- Leverage business experience to ensure that requirements / use cases including Non-functional (performance, operational and transitional) are fully developed, communicated and understood
- Interact and communicate effectively with business and IT partners to solve issues or business challenges
- Manage enhancements, break-fixes, and small projects independently and as part of the team with internal and external stakeholders
- Solve complex business issues by putting pieces together and understanding how our systems work
- Work with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that business requirements gaps or issues are resolved in a transparent and timely manner
- Work with different teams to identify opportunities for efficiency in project planning and execution to provide the business with solutions at the lowest cost while balancing risk appropriately
- Work with business partners to document and understand requirement needs and challenge the team to create inspiring solutions
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish. Facilitate appropriate handoffs, but track the item through resolution. Escalate proposed or actual solutions that do not adequately resolve the problem or satisfy the stated need.
- Work independently while driving and managing assignments from concept through deployment/launch
- Be a liaison between the business area customer/user, testing groups and development groups to ensure that scope items for a release are accurately implemented and tested from the business perspective
- 8+ years of business analysis experience in the mortgage industry
- College Degree or equivalent work experience; advanced studies/degree preferred
- Proven knowledge of strategic planning and execution, project management, and best practices implementation
- Experience in the primary/secondary mortgage market
- Ability to rapidly learn key business design concepts of given project being developed and internal project tools and project management methodology / related processes
- Ability to support multiple concurrent high priority projects in various capacities (i.e., lead one or more projects while supporting one or more projects)
- Ability to analyze, document, develop and manage complex business processes, think analytically and solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, external customers, external stakeholders and matrixed teams
- Project management experience using standard project management tools; collecting, writing and maintaining business requirements; maintaining action item trackers, issue and risks logs; managing budgets and reporting and facilitation of effective project team meetings; ability to work as an influencer
- Strong business analysis skills and experience with agile / waterfall methodologies
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to multiple types of audiences and ability to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions
- Self-starter / independent thinker: demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management
- Proven track record of driven, results-oriented, creative and nimble problem-solving capabilities and a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to deliver business value quickly
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS