Do you have a passion for telling the stories found in complex and disparate data? Are your skills at the intersection of communications, marketing strategy and research? Are you a trusted relationship builder and inspiring team leader? If so, the Senior Director, Marketing Strategy, Insights & Analytics role might be right for you.
We are seeking an accomplished data insights leader and skillful storyteller to support the Company as it enters its next chapter. This person will articulate a strategic vision for where the corporate marketing research function can add the highest value and will deliver on that vision through partnership, collaboration, relationship building and expertise.
Your work will fall primarily into 3 categories:
Thought Leadership & Storytelling
- Apply your expert communication and storytelling skills to synthesize compelling, actionable research for senior executives to drive decision-making and results
- Track and derive insights from industry and consumer trends that have relevance to Freddie Mac’s brand and businesses
- Partner with public relations, communications, and other research colleagues to expand a thought leadership research program that measurably supports Freddie Mac’s position as the leader in housing
- Build capacity for delivering insightful and compelling stories that support Freddie Mac’s brand, business and strategic corporate direction, weaving together disparate sources of data across primary and secondary research, economic research and other analytics.
- Foster strong relationships with researchers and data-owners across the company and coordinate publishing activities to ensure that Freddie Mac derives maximum thought leadership value and mitigates reputation risk
- Identify research opportunities and potential research paths across business lines that could have cross-company benefits and drive collaboration to advance them
Marketing Research & Analytics
- Apply a “business development” mindset and demonstrate value of research to stakeholders across the company by developing research/analytics offerings that contribute to business and corporate problem-solving and strategic or tactical goals.
- Build the capacity to synthesize multiple sources of data and analytics that reside across various tools and teams in order to deliver maximum insight and value
- Oversee team responsible for designing and delivering primary and secondary research, ensuring the team continually leverages the most relevant tools, techniques and research approaches.
- Network externally with vendors, peers and other third parties to keep current with the state of industry
Leadership and Team Development
- Build and inspire a high-performing team to deliver on strategic vision
- Evaluate delivery models and processes to ensure resources are deployed most cost-effectively and to highest-value work
- Develop creative methods for delivering value with available resources
- Drive continuous improvement through tools, technology, process and people
- Contribute to direction-setting of Corporate Communications department through peer influence, creative collaboration and a one-team spirit
- 15+ years of related experience in the marketing research and/or professional services industry
- Solid understanding of research methods, tools and techniques; quantitative and qualitative methodologies along with advanced analytical techniques
- Proven track record in general management, including team leadership, stakeholder engagement, people/process development, strategic planning and execution
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation, writing, relationship development and leadership presence.
Key to success in This Role
- A desire for and track record of defining and driving change through leadership, communication and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to cultivate deep relationships and partnerships with internal and external parties
- Passion for leveraging data science to translate data into engaging narratives
- Understanding of the ever-evolving research and data analytics landscape
- Ability to confidently present a compelling case and build support for ideas and resources
- Experience at developing service delivery models similar to agencies/consultancies
- A track record of recommending and driving forward policies and decisions on service delivery and operational matters – getting things done from vision to execution
- Adept at managing a complex network of internal and external research stakeholders
- Strong people management and relationship building skills
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Seek and Embrace Change: Actively support culture change initiatives
- Exposure to Financial Services industry
- Facility with economics and finance content
- Experience in the following specialties a plus: Customer Experience | Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty | Key Driver Analyses | Brand Equity | Segmentation | B2B | B2C |
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS