Want to create technology that matters while building your future and your professional network? Interested in data science, data engineering and machine learning? If you’re getting your degree in Computer Science or a related technology area and looking to get hands-on, skill-building experience with a leader in the financial technology industry, Freddie Mac’s Computer Science Summer Internship program is for you.
As a part of this team, you’ll work with talented software engineers that build data science-oriented systems for borrower and collateral evaluation. This team provides the full software development process, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and support.
You’ll build on the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in your undergraduate education – while getting real-world technology and innovation experience and making lifelong connections. Upon successful completion of the internship and your undergrad degree, you may be extended an opportunity to join our Technology Analyst Program – a 12-month cohort experience that springboards you into a fulltime technology career with the industry leader in the housing/finance industry.
As an intern, you will support exciting, short-term projects through the following activities:
- Contribute new features to existing systems, which typically contain a models developed by a team of data scientists
- Implement automated testing to ensure standard technology development practices are met
- Work side-by-side with data science and machine learning experts to solve their technical challenges
- Learn about the company’s business and how our team’s systems deliver business value
- Participate in solving design and implementation challenges
- Expand your leadership, business and analytical skills
- Develop your personal brand and grow your professional network
- Get support and guidance from dedicated managers and experienced analysts
- Deepen your technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac’s key role in the mortgage market
- Participate in community service and other team events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Pursuing undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Rising seniors preferred; rising juniors considered
- Experience programming with Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about software engineering and learning new technologies
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized with ability to meet deadlines and contribute to team success
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Technology-first mindset, outstanding analytical skills and drive for innovation
- Willingness to try new things, fail fast and learn fast
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Partnership – Collaborate AND be honest/candid (and encourage others to speak up too) – be the person everyone wants on the team
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve rather than accepting the status quo
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome
- Experience working with numerical/quantitative systems, e.g., pandas, NumPy, SciPy and Apache Spark
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests
- Familiarity with linear algebra, regression analysis and machine learning techniques
- Experience with cloud computing and storage services
- Experience with C or C++
- Strong quantitative skills (statistics, econometrics, linear algebra)
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS