Want to be part of technology that matters while building your future and your professional network? If you’re getting your degree in a technology-related area and looking to get hands-on, skill-building experience with a leader in the financial technology industry, Freddie Mac’s Technology Summer Internship program is for you.
Through this internship, you’ll build on the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in your undergraduate education – while getting real-world technology and innovation experience and making lifelong connections. Upon successful completion of the internship and your undergrad degree, you may be extended an opportunity to join our Technology Analyst Program – a 12-month cohort experience that springboards you into a fulltime technology career with the industry leader in the housing/finance industry.
As an intern, you will support key projects in one of the three following areas:
- As part of our InfoSec Team, help review and document requirements to develop use cases to detect, report, log, track, and escalate security events
- Help monitor, triage, and escalate security events affecting the company’s information assets.
- Analyze and research known indicators of compromise (IOCs), correlate events, identify malicious activity, and take appropriate steps.
- Uncover new and emerging threats, help build & execute a required action plan.
Technology Risk and Controls
- Support the IT division’s top risk and control priorities as a member of the IT Risk Management team and Freddie Mac’s first line of defense (1LOD)
- Support implementation of risk management efforts to reduce risk to IT business processes, and to strengthen controls that reduce risk
- Support IT Division business process reporting and help track, monitor and report on risk and control assessments
- Help coordinate audits and exams; including contributing to action plans; support stakeholder engagement and communication
- As member of a product team, participate in implementation planning, create artifacts, test and demonstrate technology
- Help brainstorm and design technical approaches; evaluate new technologies
- Analyze project-related problems and create innovative solutions
- Support product quality and timeliness
All interns will grow professionally by:
- Expanding your leadership, business and analytical skills
- Developing your personal brand and grow your professional network
- Getting support and guidance from dedicated managers and experienced analysts
- Deepening your technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac’s key role in the mortgage market
- Participating in community service and other team events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Currently seeking undergraduate degree in a technology-related discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related area (will also consider Finance or Accounting majors for Technology Risk and Controls internships)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Rising seniors preferred; rising juniors considered
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized with ability to meet deadlines and contribute to team success
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Technology-first mindset, outstanding analytical skills and drive for innovation
- Willingness to try new things, fail fast and learn fast
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Partnership – Collaborate AND be honest/candid (and encourage others to speak up too) – be the person everyone wants on the team
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve rather than accepting the status quo
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS