Do you have experience in IT Risk? Do you enjoy collaborating with business partners on compliance testing? If so, apply today and join our Investments & Capital Markets Division (I&CM), as our IT Risk Senior!
In this role, you will assist with 1st line of defense (LOD) automated/manual controls, IT general controls, and compliance testing activities related to the I&CM business. This position requires teamwork, collaboration, attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills. The successful candidate will partner with business process owners in I&CM and Finance (Investments CFO) to conduct and assist with operational manual and automated controls self-testing. The role will engage with I&CM personnel involved in managing trading, capital markets technology, financial models and back office activities as well as Investments CFO personnel that perform analytics and reporting of I&CM activities.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
- Perform testing of design and effectiveness of manual and automated operational and IT general controls
- Review third party attestation reports, including Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 and SOC 2, including documenting, validating, testing, and assessing various control systems
- Identify process enhancement opportunities with control owners to develop risk-based action plans while understanding their operational constraints/challenges
- Utilize a risk and objective based approach to identify business process opportunities, and work with clients to develop action plans while understanding their challenges
- Support and contribute to practice development initiatives
- Consistently apply delivery methodology processes and utilize tools across engagements
- Develop and maintain detailed procedures that document self-testing plans and work papers
- Develop innovative methodologies, leading practices, tools, and templates
- Prepare test reports that identify and communicate issues and recommendations for process and control improvements where necessary
- Develop high-quality deliverables and conduct presentations
5 plus years experience in the following:
- Conducting IT risk, IT controls testing, and security assessments for both IT General Controls (ITGCs) and IT Application Controls (ITACs)
- Performing & documenting capital markets business process internal control reviews
- 5 to 7 years of Audit and/or Risk Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience conducting Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 and SOC 2 report reviews
- Ability to analyze and assess the adequacy of operational controls and identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
- Solid understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA), operational risk management and audit industry best practices
CPA, CIA, CISA or other professional certification – preferred
Public accounting or internal audit experience – preferred
Keys to Success in this Role
- Proactive self-starter with good people skills and a strong work-ethic
- Strong attention to detail, reflected in verbal and written communication
- Ability to develop effective relationships across the firm, including with senior leaders
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the teams
- Basic understanding of capital markets operations
- Basic understanding of financial services or GSEs
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS