Are you good at developing practical solutions to hard problems? Do you want to expand and refine your quantitative skills? We need someone willing to learn the business to reduce credit losses and help borrowers. Someone to master analytic methods of collateral valuation and evaluating loss mitigation policies. If you are determined, self-motivated and persistent in the pursuit of understanding, then apply today to our Portfolio Analytics Team!
Your Work will fall into Two Primary Categories:
Data Analytics & Housing Economic Analysis
- Data scientist responsible for in-depth, comprehensive understanding of the potential value and possible weaknesses of available information
- Apply economic theories and business intuition to discover the causality and impact to help make optimal business decisions
- Use model to evaluate different policy options and interpret model results
- Develop and implement pilots including pricing recommendations, testing execution and refining requirements prior to broad roll out based on results
- Work directly with counterparties (vendors, customers, modelers) to discuss business objectives, analyses and other terms
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a quantitative role
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, applied mathematics, economics, statistics / probability or related
- Python, R or SAS programming experience
- Experience and knowledge of secondary mortgage market
- Statistical modeling experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to self-teach and work without detailed instruction.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Must be a team player and be able to work collaboratively.
Keys to Success in This Role
- Determination and curiosity.
- Attention to detail.
- Scientific approach to study.
- Relentless pursuit of understanding.
- Independent learning – Be able teach yourself and share your findings.
- Calm in chaos – Be able to find patterns in complex data.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS