Are you ready to join a team at the leading edge of Freddie Mac’s cloud initiatives and digital transformation. The Modern Delivery Toolchain team is powering real change and helping Freddie Mac differentiate itself and its products as we move into the future. Interested? Keep reading!
We are seeking a talented DevOps engineer with a passion for automation, ready to address the needs of developers by using your expertise in automation, development and CI/CD implementations. We are looking for someone who can design, code and maintain high performance and available solutions with particular experience with the Atlassian toolset include JIRA, BitBucket and Confluence in addition to industry-leading CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Spinnaker.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Toolchain design, development and strategy
- Implement control scenarios based on Atlassian tool configurations
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for supported technology stacks
- Apply experience in DevOps best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems
- Take ownership of certain elements/business processes/capabilities within the Atlassian suite
- Review new Atlassian feature ideas, implement new configurations etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Atlassian products, process best practices and obtain and maintain certification with the various Atlassian products
- Maintain Atlassian tools in both a Unix and Windows environments
- Perform activities in Atlassian tools, such as: authoring content in Confluence & Adjusting feature settings in Bitbucket & creating/maintaining workflows in JIRA
- Evangelize the new CI / CD practices and tools to new teams in our modern delivery program, promoting top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability; and,
- Interact with stakeholders on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Support and enhancement
- Perform “What-lf” analysis to stress test and validate survivability
- Plan and predict the effects of configuration changes, identify toolchain bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish
- Facilitate appropriate handoffs, but track the item through resolution
- Escalate proposed or actual solutions that do not adequately resolve the problem or satisfy the stated need
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of DevOps/deployment pipeline experience
- Experience with Atlassian Server and Data Center Applications (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Experience with Linux and Windows Administration
- Experience with source automation using Jenkins
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift)
- Experience with integrating with authentication/directory services like Active Directory (LDAP), Oauth and SAML.
- Configuring and working with various deployment methodologies, including VM and Cloud (e.g AWS)
- Supporting and working with relational databases, with a strong focus on MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Third-party and custom application installation, configuration and/or support
Keys to Success in this Role
- Strong written / verbal skills – ability to influence peers and leadership to your way of thinking
- Technology enthusiasm – advocate for new and better solutions to business problems
- Familiarity with Agile practices – Strong team player
- Out of the box thinking – we’re striving to reinvent deployments at Freddie Mac and it often takes a stroke of imagination and bold thinking to get to the best solution
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS