Freddie Mac has an opportunity for a senior-level IT DevOps Java Developer to provide production, development support, system analysis, project management, and leading the coordination of multiple IT groups and numerous business partners for efforts with company-wide impacts. We are seeking a self-motivated person who can work independently to trouble shoot issues, perform root cause analysis and design and develop enhancements/solutions using multiple technologies. Candidate should have passion for learning new technologies and should be a quick learner. This role also requires development skills in multiple technologies including Spring, Java/J2EE, ETL, SQL, Unix Scripts, SAS etc, and strong communication skills. The Enterprise Level 3 team supports all Enterprise Systems (Finance, Legal, Administration, Compliance, Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, and HRDI) which are critical to operating Freddie Mac’s multiple business lines, including the timely reporting of its Financials. The individual would champion technology and tools changes/improvements that enhance delivery processes, serve as a role model and mentor to the junior developers, and work collaboratively with other open minded, technology savvy and dedicated IT and business partners.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Tactical delivery of enhancements to existing systems and associated software deliverables
- Perform impact assessments of new work, changes in work, and expansions of existing scope
- Communicate and coordinate software deliverables across other IT groups
- Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy applications
- Contribute to root cause analysis and solution of issues that arise in the production environment
- Provide on-call support during the Monthly Financial Close (typically first two weeks of the month)
- Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide the L3 team/sponsors in identifying best solution.
- Support Tertiary Operations, inclusive of triaging incidents with a focus on recovery, root cause analysis, resiliency testing, and preventive monitoring.
- Communicate with end-users of upcoming deployments and production activities
- Accountable for audit, certifications, maintenance and support of assigned applications
- Work with multiple IT and business groups in identifying issues, deploy fixes and enhancements etc.
- Establish and maintain strong functional relationships with IT stakeholders and business domains
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- 5+ years of development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Experience with web containers including Apache/Tomcat or WebLogic.
- Thorough understanding and at least 3-5 years of experience working with relational databases in Oracle, Sybase, & IBM DB2
- Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages like ANT, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible and Artifactory
- Development experience using Python/Shell scripting
- Experience with Simcorp is highly desired
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Collaborative, professional / team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, with the capability of managing multiple priorities and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time- critical problems
- Ability to multi-task and work on several engagements simultaneously
- Experience with Cloud Adoption, Docker or Microservices is a big plus
- Experience with Dev Ops, Agile is a plus
Key to success
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk based approach to prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS