If you are a smart, dynamic, and self-motivated attorney, Freddie Mac might be the employer for you! We are looking for a Senior Counsel to join us in the General Corporate Department of the Legal Division at Freddie Mac (Legal GCD). Attorneys in the Legal GCD are key advisors to Freddie Mac with regard to various corporate legal matters, including contracting, information technology, privacy, data security, intellectual property, corporate real estate, and other areas of corporate practice.
In this position, much of your work will fall into the contracting arena, with an emphasis on technology-related transactions.
Your work will fall into the following two main categories:
- Review requests for proposal (RFPs), draft and assist in negotiation, interpretation, enforcement and termination of agreements with third parties providing services and technology to Freddie Mac. Types of agreements include outsourcing agreements, cloud-based service agreements, intellectual property licenses, confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements.
- Advise clients with respect to legal issues arising in the context of these agreements, including compliance, privacy, data security, intellectual property and liability issues. Assist clients with disputes.
General Corporate Work
- Provide timely, practical and sound advice to clients with respect to various general corporate matters as they arise, including information technology-related issues, intellectual property issues, privacy issues and corporate policies.
- Develop training for clients and other attorneys.
- A minimum of 3-7 years of experience dealing with sophisticated contracts, preferably at a major law firm or corporate law department.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree and membership in good standing in a state bar.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to provide sound legal and business counsel, while clearly distinguishing between the two.
- Ability to work comfortably and routinely as part of a team and to cooperate across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple pending matters.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Accountability for timeliness and results.
- Ability to work well with peers and to communicate to ensure consistency of legal advice and negotiating positions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with third parties, including customers, regulators and vendors.
- Ability to accept feedback with a positive, learning mindset
- Good oral presentation and persuasion skills.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS