The eDiscovery and Litigation Support Director will manage the Litigation Support and eDiscovery Team within the Legal Division. The Director serves as the primary liaison between the members of the Litigation Department and the Litigation Support Team, and must be able to effectively translate each group’s requirements and restrictions in a way that is understandable and actionable. The Director escalates issues to management as appropriate, updates system status dashboards, notifies business users of issues, supervises evaluation of new releases and patches, and provides technical and logistical assistance to case teams.
This position will provide mentoring, support, and direction to junior members of the Litigation Support Team.
Your work falls into the following categories:
Serve as clients’ point of contact and Freddie Mac’s day-to-day leader in the management and execution of projects and workstreams involving the identification, collection, processing, review, and production of electronic data.
Specific functional discovery tasks include:
- Assist clients in developing solutions to collect, document and prevent deletion of data with special considerations for the unique environment and project specific complexities.
- Coordinate forensic collections and pre-processing work (deNIST, file filters, etc.), including documenting pre-processing workflow and quality control review of the process.
- Advise client on data reduction strategies including deNISTing, file extension filtering, date culling, and search term filtering, and coordinate processing work with Litigation Support team.
- Analyze exception reports, develop recommendations for handling each type of exception, and communicate plan to client.
- Quality control review of processing results and of search hit reports prior to sending to client.
- Assist clients with selection of review tool, development of efficient work streams, batching strategy, and technology configuration for tiered review.
- Facilitate and/or conduct customized eDiscovery training sessions for clients, emphasizing appropriate add-on features as necessary.
- Advise clients regarding the efficient use of concept clustering, near duplicate identification, e-mail threading, and assisted review (predictive coding).
- Implement appropriate quality control process.
- Provide proactive guidance regarding format, strategy, and timelines for production of electronic data.
- Implement appropriate quality control process.
- Provide input on ESI protocols to be filed with court
- Negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Assist in the management of finances of each engagement including developing, documenting, and tracking project budgets, adjusting budgets as appropriate, communicating changes in budgets internally and to the client, and managing the revenue forecasting and invoicing process.
- Manage project close-out process including data return or destruction and database archival, ensuring that clients understand the implications of on-going data retention relative to company policy.
- Provide clients and management with periodic status updates, reports, etc. throughout the engagement.
- Generate consistent and thorough documentation to support processes executed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Supervise and mentor junior colleagues to support training and professional development with the goal of creating an exciting team environment that offers challenging opportunities for all employees and is poised for continued expansion and success.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Digital Forensic Science, Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, or a related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience
- 8-10 years’ experience managing the collection, processing, review, analysis and production of ESI
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the litigation process, various document collection, processing and review tools (including TunnelVision, Nuix and Relativity), and leading eDiscovery methodologies.
- Experience serving as a 30(b)(6) deposition witness on eDiscovery issues
- Experience developing and implementing an extensive quality control process to ensure results meet expectations.
- Ability to identify and evaluate new products and services, experience in human resource management and information resources management
- Ability to organize and effectively handle multiple tasks and workflows in a fast-paced and deadline intensive environment, yet flexible enough to respond quickly to critical issues.
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management and lawyers/partners
- Experience with analytics, litigation readiness, and predictive coding
- Experience managing large-scale enterprise operations and maintenance including metrics collection and reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of eDiscovery tools such as Relativity, Tunnelvision, Nuix, Microsoft eDiscovery Center, SharePoint.
- Broad knowledge of technical information and legal requirements regarding electronic discovery and the legal hold process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to problem solving skills.
Keys to Success in the Role
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency in supervising eDiscovery
- Significant experience bridging the gap between the legal and technical aspects and requirements of document preservation and production (e.g., work at an eDiscovery vendor or as an eDiscovery attorney in-house or at a firm)
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS