Information Technology Operational Risk Management (ITRM) is responsible for providing oversight of operational risks associated with all operating activities of Freddie Mac’s Information Technology division. The primary responsibilities of ITRM include providing risk management, risk advisory, regulatory liaison, and policy/standards governance for the Information Technology division. This could include managing the review and publication of divisional policies and standards, defining and implementing risk management frameworks, monitoring and reporting risks and risk response, performing risk reviews and evaluations, and driving continuous improvement of risk management capabilities across IT. ITRM is led by the Vice President, IT Operational Risk & Governance.
ITRM is looking for an experienced professional to support 1st line IT Risk Management functions. Areas of support will include Risk Advisory, Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, IT Risk Management, and Polices and Standards. This position requires that the applicant have a strong understanding of the risk frameworks, operational risks, and the execution of risk management processes and governance within a large institution and a strong technical background in enterprise IT.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Understanding and managing Information and Technology risk associated with the operational processes for the IT division.
- Apply sound judgment in evaluating risks and controls; effectively challenge the business on the identification and acceptance of risks and the adequacy of controls.
- Provide leadership and expertise to a team of risk professionals
- Perform risk assessments to reassess current risks and to identify emerging key risks (operational, compliance, technology, third party, etc.); Identify and assess control effectiveness and/or gaps.
- Providing transparency of risk exposures through implementing sound reporting for risk-based decision making
- Advise the IT “customers” on means and methods to drive remediation of risk related issues and operational events
- Be a role model and technical mentor to the junior and midlevel professionals, work alongside of highly collaborative, open minded, technology savvy and dedicated team members.
- Reporting of IT risk metrics and data
- Forge partnerships with IT stakeholders through delivery of “Value Add” risk management and advisory services.
- Cultivate a risk mindset by challenging stakeholders to think in terms of risk and encouraging them adopt risk management practices into everyday operations
- Innovate by identifying opportunities to improve risk management practices and Freddie Mac’s overall risk posture.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience working with SOX, practical experience in internal/external audits, risk management – methods and techniques for the assessment and management of risk.
- Ability to operate as a self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to understand IT business processes, management objectives, risk appetite and tolerances and impact of changes to risk profiles
- Experience in IT governance and controls, including governance frameworks, COBIT, FFIEC, COSO, ISO-31000, etc.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise IT operations and systems
- The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- CISA, CPA, CIA, PMP, CISSP, CRISC or other relevant professional certification;
- Financial Services experience;
- IT Risk management experience;
- Knowledge and skills across: COSO, ISACA Risk IT framework, ISACA COBIT 5.0, ISO 31000-series and 27000-series, 13335
Keys to Success in this Role
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk based approach to prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and persuasively with technology and business stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS