The Legal Division provides legal support, advice and advocacy for the entire enterprise. Freddie Mac attorneys specialize in diverse legal areas including single-family and multifamily real-estate transactions, litigation, corporate governance, mortgage backed securities, regulatory affairs, employment, and records management. Our summer internship program offers a highly engaging and dynamic opportunity to assist in-house attorneys with a variety of legal projects in a collegial environment. The intern will be exposed to each department within the Legal Division during this 10-week internship, as well as given the opportunity to participate in professional development and pro bono experiences. The intern will come away with a deeper understanding of the role of in-house counsel, the legal risks faced by financial institutions, and the mortgage market and Freddie Mac’s key role within it.
Your Work Will Contribute to the Following Duties/Responsibilities:
- Conducting legal research and summarizing the results in written memos and orally to Legal Division attorneys
- Drafting, reviewing, revising and providing substantive commentary on contracts, statements of work, corporate forms, policies and procedures and correspondence.
- Researching and analyzing proposed and existing legislation and regulations for applicability to Freddie Mac and the industry
- Assisting in the assessment of business unit exposure by identifying legal risks and evaluating their potential impact
- Attending hearings, trainings, meetings, briefing sessions, and seminars
- Participating in pro bono activities
- Rising second or third year law student at an ABA accredited law school
- Outstanding research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to work well and cohesively with a team of legal professionals
- Well-organized, self-directed, and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including WORD and Excel
- Demonstrated interest in the mortgage market and/or the housing finance industry
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS