This position will act as the Freddie Mac Owner Representative leading all facets of workplace strategic and occupancy planning, analyses, design and relocation planning. The role will have primary oversight of the onsite vendor supporting day to day real estate portfolio management. The Workplace Planning Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate and Property Development and will partner with both in-house and vendor resources to successfully deliver projects with minimum impact to employees or business operations. This includes management and coordination of all aspects of space planning and project execution: programming, design, estimating, resource allocations, logistics and schedule facilitation, budgeting and completion follow through for projects less than $2MM in scope.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
Workplace Strategy & Planning
- Serves as primary interface with Business Division(s) and client disciplines to understand business direction and changing workplace needs. Applies leading-practice research and workplace best practices knowledge to forecast space requirements and develops space needs based against business and market conditions.
- Identifies, analyzes and applies related data for the creation and execution of physical or virtual space solutions. Produces visual display of quantitative and qualitative workplace performance metrics. Illustrates organizational, operational and functional relationships that pose physical and spatial impacts.
- Develops, maintains and provides reports, including agreed upon critical success factors or KPIs, on measures of workplace productivity, efficiency and utilization.
- Interface with Sr. leadership to develop reporting and dashboards to effectively communicate on demand occupancy/vacancy ratios, headcount projections, capacity, churn information, and space allocations in facilities.
- Lead the development of a 3 to 5-year real estate strategic plan to optimize the long-term real estate portfolio while allowing for flexibility to respond to rapidly changing conditions.
- Presents & negotiates with the business units to implement plans aligned with corporate guidelines, including scenarios to optimize use of space while meeting business requirements.
- Conduct interviews and discussions with the client to gather, coordinate, and synthesize project requirements, functional, operational and cultural issues and obtain approvals when required.
- Responsible for integrity of the data in CAFM system related to occupancy, space utilization, allocation, space efficiency and vacancy. Identify goals and initiatives to continually improve occupancy accuracy and reporting.
- Manages relocations including the development and execution of project planning activities, timing of group moves/relocations, migration and phasing plans, stack and block plans, architectural test-fits and relocations.
- Manage design direction and integrity for all HQ facilities and regional offices, as well as selection of furniture standards. This individual will engage in research, external benchmarking, and academic, vendor and industry affiliations to identify next generation standards that can be leveraged to enhance productivity and improve collaboration effectiveness.
- Will have formal supervisory responsibilities in this position
- Will also provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers
- Will lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower level employees
- Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team; Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members
- 8-10 years of experience in Interior Design, Space Planning, Construction, Architecture or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience
- Customer service skills including organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Spatial skills with experience in the implementation of workplace strategies and experience translating business requirements into space requirements for the business units
- Knowledge in analysis of real estate and space related data, experience directing trending analysis
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills related to space planning and project management
- Experience in managing external vendors, vendor performance and KPIs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing construction and MAC projects, overseeing and directing the work of others in multiple locations
- Bachelor’s degree BA/ BS in Architecture, Construction Management, Interior Design or comparable field from accredited 4-year college or university
- Technical MS Office with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint; AutoCAD, CAFM/IWMS or other space management/utilization software
- Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment
- Experience as an Owner’s Representative for a Financial institution preferred
- PMP (US or Canada) and LEED AP preferred
- Financial Knowledge
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions
- Requires understanding of market costs and ability to prepare detailed budgets
- Conducts advanced financial analysis to prepare strategic plans and supporting business justifications for senior and executive leadership
- Reasoning Ability
- Must be able to understand business goals and requirements and translate into functional, fiscally responsible real estate solutions
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in high risk complex scenarios to ensure successful project completion
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Able to think creatively and act nimbly to complete projects
Keys to Success in this Role
- Passion for leading change and ability to bring others along
- Quickly and genuinely establish trust and credibility with key stakeholders and business partners across the enterprise
- Adaptability and flexibility with a high tolerance for ambiguity, ability to take ownership and drive projects in a changing environment
- Ability to communicate technical terminology and concepts in plain language
- Strong business acumen, analytical problem solving and verbal and written communications skills
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS