The Single-Family Real Estate Department in the Legal Division of Freddie Mac is seeking an attorney to join its legal staff. The attorney will primarily support the work of the single-family mortgage servicing operations and transactions group, including contract negotiations and drafting, and interpretations of servicing related statutes, case law and regulations.
Your work will fall into the following categories:
Transactions and Mortgage Servicing Policy Work
- Negotiate and document transactions relating to financings secured by mortgage loan servicing and advance reimbursements
- Negotiate and document transactions relating to voluntary partial cancellations of servicing contract rights and the engagement of interim servicers
- Negotiate and document transactions relating to the purchase and sale of residential mortgage loan portfolios and of mortgage loan servicing
- Advisory support to internal clients on residential mortgage servicing issues including delinquent loan loss mitigation and enforcement of remedies including loan modifications, short sales and foreclosures
- Familiarity with CFPB loss mitigation rules, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, REO sale listing agreements, sales contracts, closings and fair housing regulations
- Understand Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide (including knowledge of representations, warranties, covenants and legal remedies)
- 3 – 7 years of relevant sophisticated legal transactional experience, either in-house with a bank, mortgage company or real estate company, or with a law firm
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree; membership in good standing in a state Bar
- Excellent analytical, strategic, legal research, writing and advocacy skills
- Ability to effectively manage numerous issues across multiple areas and to set priorities independently
Keys to Success In This Role
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Ability to create and maintain strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS