If you are a smart, motivated and intellectually driven professional with a passion for commercial real estate (CRE) and finance, Freddie Mac Multifamily is the employer for you. The nation’s greatest and most innovative secondary market Multifamily mortgage lender and issuer of securitized fixed-income with an annual platform exceeding $75 billion is looking to add a Multifamily Underwriting Analyst to the Targeted Affordable Housing team.
The Underwriting Analyst will be based in the company’s headquarters in McLean, Virginia. The hired candidate will work on the Transaction Operations Management Team and will be responsible for assisting the team’s underwriters and senior underwriters in evaluating and documenting new proposed affordable housing loans.
If you are an analytical team player who is interested in making housing possible, please submit your application to join our exciting and dynamic organization.
Your Work Will Fall Into Two Primary Categories:
- Assist the team’s underwriters and senior underwriters with deal check-ins.
- Responsible for pulling reports, REIS, Moody’s, Borrowers Concentration and Comparable UW Data.
- Reviewing 3rd Party Reports (Appraisals, Engineering and Environmental).
- Completing Google/LexisNexis Bridger Searches (including QRM 6 list) and systems (MPS, OUS, DMS and MultiSuite) work.
- Post Rate Lock & CDE Review Process
- Uploading and verify the accuracy of underwriting due diligence documentation within DMS by completing a CDE Checklist Review.
- Apply company principles and policies and use critical thought to complete assigned tasks accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with the Transaction Operations Management Team.
- Work with internal business partners including Purchase and Loan Accounting to solve problems as they arise throughout the underwriting process and to achieve shared overall success.
- Typically has 1 to 3 years of related professional experience, preferably in multifamily or commercial real estate finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related discipline or comparable amount of directly relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word. OUS, DMS, MPS and MultiSuite is a Plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Position requires up to 10% travel.
Keys to Success in This Role
- Strong interest in a commercial real estate career.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS