If you are an organized, detail-oriented, deadline driven Information Technology professional with a passion for critical, technical problem solving, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment independently, then we are your next destination employer! Apply to join us (the Freddie Mac Information Technology Department) to develop and execute your IT skills that align with our mission to help enable and transform Freddie Mac’s business. In this role, you will partner with Application Owners, Business Owners, Projects, and your team, to support the Freddie Mac vision, strategy and brand. Your work falls into three primary categories: Production Support
- Provide level 2 support for production business applications.
- Perform job failure analysis and problem symptom analysis.
- Support incident and problem management processes.
- Conduct Impact analysis for infrastructure and application upgrades.
- Maintain knowledge database and articles.
- Assist with application system password management.
- Perform analysis to resolve application data issues (for a subset of applications).
- Provide production reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc basis as required.
- Adapt positively to a rapidly growing and changing environment, while working under pressure.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation coverage for all supported applications.
- Document lessons learned.
- Support Out of Region DR testing exercises
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Apply broad technical knowledge and skills to analyze, develop, create and implement process improvements, trouble shooting, and operational support.
- Code Scripts to perform Data Correction Utilities (for a subset of applications).
- Utilize JILs (Job Information Language) for scheduling and running jobs with Autosys (for a subset of applications).
- Collaborate with project teams on major upgrades and the rollout of new applications.
- Serve as a champion for change.
- Employ extensive professional experience and creativity to lead resolution of complex technical problems.
- Engage with the business users, application owners, team members and other affected parties during incident resolution.
- Act as liaison between the business and technical support teams.
- Provide training and coaching to fellow team members.
- Mentor other team members on best practices and past experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience, financial services experience preferred.
- 7+ years of application development or support coupled with infrastructure experience.
- 7+ years of collective experience with databases (Sybase, DB2, SQL, Oracle, Postgres) and security (firewall, AD, TAM, LDAP, certificate).
- 7+ years of hands on experience with scripting language: UNIX Shell, Perl, Python etc.
- 7+ years of strong experience in troubleshooting Unix/Linux, Networks, Firewall, Authentication, Security, DNS.
- 7+ years of strong support skills in middleware technologies (WebLogic, webMethods, Apache, Tomcat, MQ, IIS, etc.) in UNIX/Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Cloud infrastructure experience working with any of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services: EC2, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Lambda
- 7+ years of hands on experience with job automation tools like Autosys or BladeLogic and monitoring tools like SiteScope, Spectrum, etc.
- Typically has 3-5+ years of experience on Oracle Fusion Middleware Stack (SOA/OSB/BAM)
- Typically has 2+ years of experience on Log monitoring tools like LogLogic, Splunk, Kibana, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Java, JEE, JSF, JPA, JSP, Web Services, HTML, XML, JDBC, SQL, OOA and OOD Concepts.
- Hands-on experiences for Data Management, Big Data, and Data Warehousing
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Scrum methodologies
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and ability to set priorities.
- Data analysis, decision making, problem solving skills, and able to drive incidents to resolution.
- Sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation, confidence, integrity, and responsibility.
Key to success in this role
- Knowledge of technologies like DataStage, or Informatica.
- Experience in the financial industry, and associated operational processes and related data.
- Hands-on experience with IT incident & change management tools like Remedy or Service Now.
- Incident Management and Problem Management experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS