If you are an organized, detail-oriented, deadline driven Information Technology professional with a passion for critical, technical problem solving, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, then we are your next destination employer! Apply to join us (the Freddie Mac Information Technology Department) to develop and execute your IT skills that align with our mission to help enable and transform Freddie Mac’s business. In this role, you will partner with Application Owners, Business Owners, Projects, and your team, to support the Freddie Mac vision, strategy and brand. Your work falls into three primary categories: Production Support
- Employ extensive professional experience and creativity to resolve complex technical problems.
- Engage with business users, application owners, vendors, and other affected parties during incident resolution.
- Perform root cause analysis for incidents.
- Conduct impact analysis for infrastructure and application upgrades.
- Act as liaison between the business and technical support teams.
- Assist with application system password management (for PW Management team).
- Code Scripts to perform Data Correction Utilities (for a subset of applications).
- Perform analysis to resolve application data issues.
- Code JILs (Job Information Language) for scheduling and running jobs with Autosys (for a subset of applications).
- Document lessons learned, and ensure knowledge database is maintained.
- Provide 24×7 coverage to supported applications.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Partner with Engineering and Architecture Services to stay abreast of the latest technologies.
- Support incident and problem management processes.
- Apply broad technical knowledge and skills to analyze, develop, create and implement process improvements, trouble shooting, and operational support.
- Collaborate with Release Management on major upgrades & rollout of new applications
- Adapt to rapidly growing and changing environment, while working under pressure.
- Serve as a champion for change.
- Provide technical leadership to the team.
- Function as a technical team leader by providing direction, and keeping teams on track to provide application support and resolution within established SLAs,
- Assign tasks to team members and review their work.
- Provide training and coaching to fellow team members.
- Mentor other team members on best practices and past experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, financial services experience preferred.
- 10+ years of application development or support coupled with infrastructure experience.
- 10+ years of collective experience (and very strong knowledge) with databases (Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL) and security (firewall, AD, TAM, LDAP, certificate).
- 10+ years of strong support skills in Oracle Fusion Middleware Stack and middleware technologies (WebLogic, webMethods, Apache, Tomcat, MQ, IIS, etc.) in UNIX/Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Typically has 7-10+ years of hands on experience with scripting language: UNIX Shell, Perl, Python or similar leveraging complimenting automation tooling.
- Typically has 7-10+ years of strong experience in troubleshooting Unix/Linux, Networks, Firewall, Authentication, Security, DNS, GTM/LTM
- Typically has 7-10+ years of hands on experience with job automation tools like Autosys or BladeLogic and monitoring tools like SiteScope, Spectrum, etc.
- Cloud experience working with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services: EC2, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Lambda
- Hands-on experiences for Data Management, Big Data, and Data Warehousing
- At least 3 – 5+ years of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Scrum methodologies
- 3+ years of experience on Log monitoring tools like LogLogic, Splunk, Kibana or similar tools.
- Sound Proficiency with Java based technologies.
- Knowledge of Java, JEE, JSF, JPA, JSP, Web Services, XML, JDBC, SQL, OOA and OOD Concepts.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and ability to set priorities.
- Data analysis, decision making, problem solving skills, and able to drive incidents to resolution.
- Sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation, confidence, integrity, and responsibility.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
Key to success in this role
- Ability to technically lead major incidents and be able to troubleshoot & help resolve incidents.
- Hands-on experience with Remedy or ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of technologies like DataStage, Informatica.
- Experience in the financial industry, and associated operational processes and related data.
- Mainframe and MVS knowledge or experience.
- Experience with build automation tools (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with project delivery.
- Sound interpersonal and team building skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
- Incident Management and Problem Management experience.
- While not a “people manager”, must have leadership skills and Influence decisions.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS