Internal Audit Issues Management team is responsible for providing advisory & assurance services on areas across the company, including the three business lines (Single-Family, Multifamily & Capital Markets), as well other divisions such as Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance etc. We are seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join our team.
Your Work Falls into the Following Two Categories:
Project Planning & Execution:
- Supervise the day-to-day execution of individual assurance projects
- Take ownership of project scope and testing approach
- Mentor team members & provide project performance evaluations
- Review work product of the team; ensure workpaper deliverables meet audit documentation standards.
- Identify deficiencies in the control design and operating efficiency,
- Lead client meetings and communicate project findings
- Establish & maintain partner relationships, provide value-added & timely feedback on status of issue remediation.
- Lead individual projects and ensure timely completion.
- Draft report and participate in the reporting process
- Administrative activities
- Manage resource allocation and scheduling
- Assist in audit committee reporting
- Assist with the annual planning process.
- Typically has at least 8 years’ experience, including previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other meaningful experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and the secondary mortgage markets.
- Understanding of Information Technology
- Proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments.
- Experience conducting audits in Risk Management.
- Experience in leading multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to optimally prioritize tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and rapport with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires CIA, CISA or CPA certification.
Keys to Success in This Role:
- Quick learner – must have the ability to understand complex areas within a short period of time & multi-task on various projects with competing deadlines.
- Solid understanding of operational & credit risks
- Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals
- Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
- Advanced degree
- Financial Institution or Big 4 advisory experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS