Do you enjoy identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and compliance of business processes? If you enjoy working in an environment that puts a premium on reliability, collaboration and knowledge, then this Compliance Examiner Manager position could be for you! You will be a leader on the new and high-profile second line of defense (2LOD) testing/monitoring team. The vision for this program is to implement an “outcome-based” testing methodology (i.e., focusing on whether the desired/expected and compliant result of a process is being achieved). A significant focus of this new program will be the efficient use of data extraction and analytical techniques. This Manager will interact with Senior Management, manage key relationships with the business areas, and be responsible for day-to-day management of the team in designing and executing testing.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
Manage new 2LOD Testing Design
- Serve as the team SME for data analysis/mining and design of testing bots, where feasible.
- Lead all aspects of development and maintenance of reproducible code for business analytics in R and Python and/or other relevant programming language
- Manage development of queries, tools/templates to report and/or summarize team’s results
Leadership & Coaching
- Manage and review work of 1-2 junior team members who will draft scripts/programs for outcome-based testing to determine whether, as designed, they should be expected to derive accurate results
- Provide feedback and mentorship for junior colleagues to develop skills in test design, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics (Data Science), Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or related study; Advanced degree is preferred
- Typically has 8+ years of experience in internal audit/testing, compliance, risk management, public accounting, or other relevant experience and 2+ years of management experience
- Proficiency in data analysis using data analytics tools like SAS, SQL, R, Python at a level to be comfortable in review & supervision of team members using them
- Experience in auditing/testing at financial institutions with a focus on legal and regulatory compliance and operational risk
- Proficiency in business process testing and/or audit methodology and/or risk/controls assessments
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry, ideally Freddie Mac experience (as employee or consultant) is a plus
- CIA, CPA and/or CISA Certifications are a plus
Keys to Success in this Role
- Strong audit/testing background and experience with a variety of tools/programming
- Solid understanding of Freddie Mac’s businesses
- Ability to quickly understand legal and regulatory framework and key legal obligations
- Development of solid relationships with partners in 1LOD and Internal Audit based on trust, respect and shared goals while still able to provide 2LOD oversight and feedback
- Anticipate potential obstacles and apply sound risk‐based judgement to drive appropriate action and escalation
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS