The Operational Risk Senior works with the Operational Risk Director to conduct and document risk assessments and process design reviews, testing of design and effectiveness, managing information in the BWise tool, and participating in or leading other risk management related activities. Risk assessments cover a combination of process and entity level controls, as well as controls for operational processes in the Legal Division.
Incumbent is also responsible for overseeing system user access management, providing application support and consultation to internal customers, a variety of communication outreach activities and assisting with quarterly application deployment activities. In addition, the prospective employee will serve a backup role for the execution and oversight of the SOX attestation process and GRC application training program.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
Risk Management Activities:
- Schedule and participate in risk meetings, process design reviews, testing of design and testing of effectiveness
- Participate in risk reviews/deep dives of risk
- Partner with Operational Risk Director to identify deficiencies in the control design and operating efficiency
- Enter risk data in BWise
- Track the status of issue remediation
- Assist in annual planning process
Governance and Control Activities:
- Assist with Business Continuity Planning and testing
- Coordinate Vendor Risk Assessment and assist business areas, as required
- Assist and/or coordinate completion of gap assessments
- Manage positive and collaborative relationships with the business area team members and management
- 5 – 7 years of operational risk management experience; technically proficient in the BWise tool
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
Keys to Success in this Role
- Quick learner – must have the ability to understand complex areas within a short period of time & multi-task on various projects with competing deadlines.
- Solid understanding of the Enterprise Risk function
- Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS