Are you a highly motivated professional with a risk management or financial services/capital markets background? Do you enjoy critical thinking, problem solving, interacting and collaborating with personnel across the division? If you have a proven record analyzing business risks and mitigating activities, you know what it takes to be a successful tester. We are your next destination employer! Apply to join Freddie Mac’s growing Investments & Capital Markets Risk & Controls Self Testing team
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
- Undertake detailed preparation of all available/relevant information on risks and controls to acquire in depth understanding of the risks/controls prior to conducting a test
- Conduct meetings with various partners to perform process design reviews, test design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Identify gaps in a process risk profile and/or control inventory via the process design reviews. Identify any control design and operating effectiveness deficiencies.
- Draft detailed testing work papers to capture test results and conclusions including any findings and recommendations
- Lead closure meetings with partners to communicate test assessment and follow-up to ensure corrective actions are implemented, as required
Reporting and Process Improvement
- Provide status updates on testing activities, issues identified and produce management reporting
- Build and maintain procedures, checklists, improve testing templates and streamline documentation
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the Capital Markets/Mortgage Industry, Internal Audit or other relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Experience with controls testing for Operational Risk Management
- Knowledge of Mortgage Markets or Capital Markets Trading and Operations
- Strong analytical skills and pays attention to detail
- Gravitas to interact effectively with all levels, including Senior Management
- Self-starter with a positive outlook, desire to continuously improve and innovate
- Ability to collaborate effectively, open to new insights, challenge status quo and inspire change
- CFA, CPA, CIA, CISA or other relevant certifications, preferred
Keys to Success in this Role
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Mindset that embraces change and innovation
- Great teammate with positive attitude
- Highly motivated and energetic self-starter!
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the team
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS