Freddie Mac is seeking a Compliance Examiner Professional to perform external operational risk reviews and due diligence of its active Seller/Servicers, document custodians, new applicants, and various vendors. If you enjoy a challenging work environment, and have a detailed understanding of mortgage origination or loan servicing operations, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join Freddie Mac’s External Operational Risk Evaluation department as a Compliance Examiner!
Your Work Falls Into Two Primary Categories:
Provides our internal Freddie Mac partners necessary information about Single Family counterparties’ efficiency of controls within mortgage operations and compliance with Freddie Mac requirements through the execution of on-site reviews and monitoring of remediation of identified issues. The results of these reviews enable informed risk management decisions, and provides investor with assurance that our counterparties are aligned with federal, state and agency guidelines relative to the origination and servicing of Freddie Mac loans.
The individual will be instrumental in conducting various audit techniques to assess the degree of compliance to Freddie Mac guidelines and to evaluate the risk and control environment of Freddie Mac counterparties.
The individual will work in a team environment with Senior Examiners and Managers to execute operational reviews by completing planning activities, inquiries, control testing, workpaper documentation and reporting. CORE’s overall goal is to provide relevant input to our internal stakeholders allowing them to make informed business decisions and to limit Freddie Mac’s level of exposure to risk as it relates to the mortgage operations of its counterparties.
- Communicating effectively within all levels of an organization
- Drafting process level narratives
- Effectively writing accurate audit reports
- Providing outstanding levels of customer service
- Collaborating effectively with various groups within the organization to identify areas of concern and to address routine matters
- Perform onsite examination responsibilities including conducting interviews and performing control testing
- Conduct reviews with progressively more responsibilities ultimately becoming responsible for leading onsite examinations
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 40% of the time
- Evaluates financial institution and mortgage banking activities to assess/monitor compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations and agency guidelines
- Ability to manage challenging situations
- Generates reporting, which identifies and addresses areas of significant risk and evaluates overall efficiency of operations.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to comprehend complex concepts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (a writing sample may be required)
- Public speaking and interviewing skills
- Attention to detail, and ability to comprehend mortgage banking subject matter
- Certification in risk management and/or CIA, CFE, CFSA, CISA preferred
- Prior experience in mortgage banking or general audit/risk management experience
Keys to success in this role
- Creative and analytical problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to function and thrive in a challenging and changing environment
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS