Freddie Mac’s Public Relations department is looking for an upbeat self-starter to join its team as a Public Relations Manager. The Manager will work across the team to create compelling content, work with the press and communicate the success of our company to external audiences. If you’re an energetic self-starter with proven experience and a passion for communicating, we are your next employer. To learn more about the role and our excellent benefits, please apply!
Your work will fall into the following two main categories:
- Write press releases, statements, talking points, social media content, other media relations materials.
- Staff and provide support for press interviews by drafting briefing materials and coordinating logistics.
- Handle fast paced, technical, confidential and sensitive information when conducting on-record-interviews with reporters.
- Build and maintain reporter relationships.
- Build and maintain press lists and help track relationships with key reporters over time.
- Monitor the media environment and evaluate opportunities for media placements.
Writing and Content Creation
- Support speech-writing and op-ed creation for key executives including the C-Suite.
- Draft viewpoints, blog posts and other materials to communicate corporate priorities
- Collaborate both within own group and across divisions to deliver consultative, strategic solutions to clients. Clients may be internal corporate partners & stakeholders, media or customer facing marketing and business teams.
- Provide support to the public relations team as needed
- 8-10 years of experience working in a public or media relations or related environment
- Strong media relations skills, along with excellent oral and written communications skills.
- College degree in a communications discipline or relevant field
- Knowledge of or interest in the housing industry and financial services.
- Financial services experience a plus
- Management experience a plus
- Public Relations/Media/Marketing agency and/or Capitol Hill experience a plus
- Strong writing and proofreading ability.
Keys to Success In This Role
- Ability to work independently and develop solutions that are innovative, thorough, and practical
- Impeccable oral and written communications skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Strong personal initiative, creative thinking, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to translate complex information into clear communications that can be understood by a wide range of audiences
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS