If you are a smart, proactive and organized professional with a passion for multifamily real estate, Freddie Mac is your next destination employer! We are currently looking for a Multifamily Risk & Controls/Fraud Professional to the Asset Management Operations team at our headquarters in McLean, VA.
The Multifamily Fraud & Compliance team is responsible for the prevention, detection, and investigation of suspicious activity on the origination and ongoing monitoring of these loans, as well as ensuring the Multifamily division’s compliance with regulatory financial crime laws.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
Fraud & Governance
- Using strong project management and investigative skills, support the management and assessment of Multifamily Financial Fraud operational risk, including engagement with other Freddie Mac lines of business to ensure Multifamily is compliant with the Enterprise Policy on (1) Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as determined by the US Treasury and (2) Financial Fraud
- Assist the MF Fraud Director with preparation of materials and logistics of mandatory annual Fraud/AML training for the MF Division
- Maintain the MultiFamily Fraud/AML risk assessment
- Partner with Multifamily business process owners and other corporate divisions (2nd Line of Defense and Legal) to prevent, detect, investigate, and resolve fraud related activity
- Work with Multifamily business process owners and other internal business partners to evaluate the efficiency of the MF Division fraud program.
- Provide initial assessment and prioritization of fraud tips received, recommend investigative steps to the Multifamily Fraud Director
- Conduct independent investigations on a timely basis, using internal and external information; ability to acquire and clearly present the facts, assess risk to Freddie Mac
- Understand critical processes and functions within each department within the Multifamily business line, formulate anti-fraud strategies for each department
- Recommend resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems
- 3-5 years in operational risk management; with 2-3 years of experience in financial crimes investigations. 1-2 years of related experience with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) or Know Your Customer (KYC) programs required
- Proven investigative fieldwork skills required
- Strong data analytic skills; preferably with commercial loan products or other financial instruments
- Analyze financial data, identify patterns, inconsistencies, and unexpected results; facilitate root cause analysis
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (including Excel V-lookups, pivot tables, complex filtering of data, generate graphic report of results and Visio, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting or finance
Keys to Success in this Role
- Independently conduct financial crimes investigations
- Independently resolve and develop an approach to solutions
- Analyze complex financial data, summarize results clearly and succinctly
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS