Application Engineering LeadLead a domain-aligned Service Delivery Management (SDM) team supporting application development teams who own a portfolio of roughly 90 applications. Provide the planning, engineering, and delivery of business scalable infrastructure solutions to meet project timeline and needs while ensuring design compliance and enforcement of environment standards. Provide effective team leadership to support team members growth, wellbeing and productivity
Engage with application development teams and business leaders from project inception to implementation to build strong relationships and earn the recognition of a trusted advisor. Support our customer’s mission by delivering outstanding customer service and take full ownership of delivery obligations. Continually seek ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Facilitate and Drive Solution Delivery
Partner and collaborate with a wide spectrum of IT stakeholders to design, build, troubleshoot and enhance application solutions. Act as an honest broker between app and infra teams to ensure consistent and timely delivery of efficient technical solutions and initiatives. Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies
Work closely with Incident, Problem and Info Sec teams to promote production stability, improve efficiency, remediate vulnerabilities and enhance outdated processes and methods.
- Engineering/architecture experience in areas of:
- Cloud Computing
- Business Continuality Planning/Disaster Recovery
2. Experience with the following technologies:
- VMWare ESXI
- Linux and Windows OS
- NAS and SAN storage technologies
- General network protocols and technologies
3. Strong leadership qualities and ability to manage, mentor and grow the team members effectively
4. Experience in designing secure cloud & virtualized environments in multi-tenant environments
5. Understanding of HA and DR concepts as they apply to infrastructure designs
6. Legacy to cloud infrastructure migrations
7. Strong track record of driving initiatives to completion in a proactive manner
8. Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with an emphasis on transparency and willingness to keep all stakeholders in the loop
- More than 8 years professional experience and managerial experience in Information Technology
- Experience in championing change and effectively managing project/program implementation
- Advanced knowledge of technical project management, project implementation, infrastructure engineering
- Advanced skill in communications and managing teams in a matrixed environment
- Strong infrastructure engineering skills in the following areas: virtualization, storage, OS, middleware, databases, network, Info Sec and cloud computing.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS