Risk and Controls Manager
December 8, 2017
* Implement policies, programs, practices and supporting technology that assess, monitor and report the operational risk profile of the Single Family Operations Division.
* Provide leadership and subject matter expertise/training to the business in support of compliance with Operational Risk Management framework components.
* Analyze data captured for Business Risk Profile reporting, and ensuring thorough execution, documentation, and loop back for action as required by the Operational Risk Management Framework components.
* Maintain diligent follow up on Issues Management activities with appropriate stakeholders to communicate all findings and conclude all action plans as directed, including all applicable summary and trend reporting for transparency.
* Ensure all owned processes, methodologies, and procedures are kept current, consistent with documentation requirements, reviewed periodically for compliance and assessed against the business need and reputation risk.
* Coordinate, facilitate and oversee risk assessments to flesh out key risks (operational, compliance, technology, 3rd party, etc…. )
* Formulate independent point of view and effectively challenge the business on a diverse scope of issues
* Swift escalation of new risks and issues when exposure exceeds the businesses appetite
* Provide guidance and support to the business in the development and documentation of risk, issue, and control descriptions and remediation plans.
* Embed the risk function in the change process to ensure material risks are fleshed out and addressed proactively
* Partner with Vendor Risk management to ensure material 3rd party risk is regularly assessed, managed and accounted for in the risk system.
* Oversee the development of Risk Acceptance proposals to ensure they’ve been properly vetted and challenged prior to presentation to executives for decision.
* Facilitate Root Cause Analyses and impact assessments for qualifying operational loss events. Ensure timely entry of event documentation in event recording system.
* Support of other risk and operations related activities as warranted
* 2+ years of people management experience required
* 3+ years of operations management experience preferred
* 3+ years of risk advisory experience at a big 4 firm or the like is preferred
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred
* Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
* Proven experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within required timeframes
* Possess critical thinking skills capable of analyzing complex situations and distilling its critical components
* Refined verbal and written communication skills capable of succinctly presenting complex subject matter
* Prior experience in mortgage industry is desirable