Public Relations Manager
December 28, 2017
* Serving as the strategic public relations manager for the Chief Economist and the E&HR Group
Creating an annual E&HR communications strategy to help define platforms for research topics that support larger corporate messaging
* Handling media relations activity for E&HR on topics primarily focusing on macroeconomics, the housing and mortgage markets, and Freddie Mac specific initiatives.
* Handling fast-moving, technical, confidential and sensitive information when conducting on-record-interviews with reporters
* Maintaining and building reporter relationships
* Developing social media strategies that support the regular release of E&HR research materials and being an active, daily voice across social media channels.
* Editing and creating monthly economic forecasts, industry insights, press releases, talking points, briefing documents and other communications collateral as needed.
* Acting as a liaison between E&HR and other departments at Freddie Mac to coordinate and cross-leverage content.
The Public Relations Manager will also provide backup public relations support to the company’s two primary lines of business and work on corporate issues, which would include responding to media inquiries and writing press releases, blog posts, Op-Eds or talking points.
* College degree in a communications discipline or relevant field
* Experience in media relations and providing communications counsel
* Strong ability to write content for a variety of channels – media, web and social (applicant will be asked to submit writing samples and take a writing test)
* Experience developing and executing social media campaigns
* Impeccable oral and written communications skills
* Ability to translate complex information into clear communications that can be understood by a wide range of audiences.
* Understanding of communications best practices and ability to apply them
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Strong understanding of economic and housing data
* Strong networking and relationship building skills
* Strong personal initiative, creative thinking, presentation, and problem solving skills
* Highly organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.