Senior DevOps Engineer
February 7, 2018
* Design and build DevSecOps Capabilities using TFS/VSTS – Integrations, adaptors, pipeline components, Infrastructure as code,
* Direct interactions with consumption teams to drive adoption and continuous evolution of base offering
* Troubleshooting software application issues. Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application server setup, database management, data analysis, and third party products.
* Predict effects of configuration changes, identify applications bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
* Agile evangelist, work as a part of a high performing agile team and help others to
* Comply with the department application standards and general industry based Java/JEE based application development principles, theories, concepts, documentation and techniques.
* Contribute and participate in design and code reviews.
* Implement complete Java based application using Freddie development lifecycle.
* Collaborating extensively with peers, Business Analysts, Operations Staff and Department Managers to resolve issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge base that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to system end users.
* Administration of IT Enterprise Incident Management tickets including: Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity, and working with our technology engineer like network and database engineers to ensure optimal application performance and response times.
* Works closely with project and development teams transitioning production releases
* Typically has a minimum of 4-6 years related experience
* CSM/CSD/CSPO Certifications preferred (with associated experience leveraging these certifications)
* Extensive experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Github, TFS, Jenkins), Cloud (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure), Monitoring/alerting tools.
* Experience building TFS scripts/extensions (using Powershell, Typesript, etc)
* Advanced knowledge of system OSs (Windows, Unix, Linux)
* Experience developing using Angular, Node, other JS Frameworks.
* Hands-on experience building release pipelines (CICD) within TFS/VSTS for multiple development languages
* Experience leveraging advanced database concepts leveraging SQL, DB2 databases.
* Experience in web based application servers, IIS, WebLogic and Apache Tomcat
* Innovative approach to execution and providing solutions, likes to take on challenges and working with newer disruptive technologies while understanding how to take calculated risks
* Experience in using infrastructure as code as well as leveraging Cloud technologies for application integration and deployment.
* Experience implementing and using TDD and ATDD approaches to development
* Experience building robust, modern Unit tests for .NET & Java
* Experience in building advanced automated, and TFS/VSTS integrated acceptance tests using modern techniques and tools (e.g. Selenium)
* Experience building containerized code (Docker) leveraging microservice design and architecture
* Lives the Agile Mindset and is an advocate for promoting the culture surrounding it.
* Strong security focus, leveraging modern secure coding practices along with integrations with DAST/SAST scanning tools within the CICD pipeline.
* Understand business needs, identify solutions, and present and guide the project team and sponsors in identifying best solution
* Extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/Story creation as well as solution design and architecture.
* Contribute to the enhancement of department application development/delivery standards, tools and processes
* Provide L3 production support that includes evaluate issues, investigate cause(s) and come up with solutions to address defects
* Splunk integration, leveraging Splunk as a DevSecOps feedback loop
* Strong, working knowledge of design patterns/OOAD
* Experience building TFS/VSTS extensions
* Experience leveraging Cloud Core services for app integration
* Experience transforming execution teams to Agile
* Experience defining GIT Branching strategies as well as leveraging Feature tagging
* Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
* Professional who is motivated and is an effective team player
* Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technology solutions to business partners
* Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
* Quick learner of new technologies and tools.